0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Anyone used a G3 ?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 09-Dec-99  @  06:36 PM   -   Anyone used a G3 ?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i've got access to one, wondering if anyone has one ?.. what do you think?..

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 14-Dec-99  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Anyone used a G3 ?

ivan

G3 as in Macintosh G3? I'm sitting at one right now. Nice... (even tho it's not mine   )

Message 3/5                 Date: 14-Dec-99  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Anyone used a G3 ?

k

no, but congrats ! - the allen & heath G3... my mates got one at the moment, and it looks well good, quality hardware - also has some midi automation.. loverly looking desk anyway - a real mixer

Message 4/5                 Date: 10-Jan-00  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Anyone used a G3 ?

lyrebird

if your talking mac i love it. I don't trudst the designer model though (more power but seem to have cut corners in other areas) I use a beige one.

If you're thinking of buying you should get one pretty cheap cos the G4 (military computer) is here. The G3 is more than powerful enough to handle audio, midi and running a couple of programs, I run logic audio and Bias Peak literally at the same time.

IF yo've got shit loads of money check out the G4 they're scary. If you get a G4 make sure the mother board/or logic board (i'm not sure which one) is a genuine G4 motherboard as the V1 400mhz model comes with the G3 motherboard which doesn't take full advantage of the velocity engine. THough if I was buying now i'd get a G3 and a mega sampler (samplaz rulz)

Message 5/5                 Date: 13-Jan-00  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: Anyone used a G3 ?

sox

Link?:  Link

Lyrebird: Did you even read K's previous message?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum