0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: HipHop Mixes

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 05-Dec-99  @  08:35 PM   -   HipHop Mixes

droctii

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What's up?

I'm doing a Christmas hiphop prject for a local radio station.

I am using Cubase 3.65 to which I have recorded all the vocals already. I am currently finishing off the MID programming. I like to work the music to fit the vocal, so I always go back and redo the MIDI.

I am interested in know what type of FX to use on the vocals and their settings. Also what about the FX on the final master stereo tracks?

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 05-Dec-99  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: HipHop Mixes

k

really it's down to the sound you want - you gotta decide cos there's no rules, you can do anything you like

Message 3/5                 Date: 05-Dec-99  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: HipHop Mixes

droctii

I feel that, but still there must be some starting points that you use.

That's what I wanna know. I can tweak to get my sound, but I'm trying to broaden my knowledge on this thing

Message 4/5                 Date: 06-Dec-99  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: HipHop Mixes

k

well, my starting point is a decent clean clear vocal, after that, i can make it sound close, dry and intimate or big an reverbed, or thru a megaphone/telephone, etc - vocodered, delayed, pitch0-shifted etc etc... what you need to do is think what would go with the track best , but start with clean & clear...

Message 5/5                 Date: 06-Dec-99  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: HipHop Mixes

droctii

Thanks. I already have the vocals done.

I am thinking of using a TC Works plugin to furhter compress the vocals. I have the lead set at about 3.5:1 with a thres -2.5, attack 0.1, release 77. I also comp the ad libs quite a bit.

i have not done any processing to the midi stuff. I am still finishing my programming. I like to go back and create the final midi sound around the vocal. It's not a popular way of doing things, but I think it helps shape the total sound that allowing all the pre-production ideas stay does not capture since the it does not have the nuances of the vocal performance.

Anyway, enough rambling. Please feel free to give details. I understand general idea on clear, clean sound but I am looking for settings that I can experiment with. I'll tweak accordingly, but I'm interested in trying out things.

Thanx

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum