0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Need to make Cd's for dance, need ideas

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  08:52 PM   -   Need to make Cd's for dance, need ideas

src0303

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Im not sure exactly if this is where Im suppose to be to ask these sort of questions but heres the thing. I'm trying to pull together a dance at my school where we're playing all techno music. I dont want a DJ so its cheaper, but I want to mix music a little. Mostly just mix the first song to the next. So I want to take music of cds, mix the ends of the songs together and then put them onto a CD-R. My main question is there anything online I can download to do that for me, or is there a easy way to do it? Any ideas? thanks
S. R. C.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 25-Nov-99  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Need to make Cd's for dance, need ideas

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

just use any editor s/w, or your midi/audio multitrack audio tracks etc to create the 'linear' playlist from saved stereo files you recorded and saved into the same s/w earlier...

load up the waves onto the linear edit window, each time tacking one on the end... after you have them in order, you can work on the joins...

go to a space between two tracks in the playlist, and decide how you're going to do the join...

Butt Join...

You cross fade/switch between two tracks on a beat so that the beat continues seamlessly, but with a new track playing... to do that simply find the end point of the 1st track, and the start beat for the second track, and drag em together to make a 'butt-join' - (butt-join comes from tape splicing where you cut the tape across square and join two like that together.. square-end to square-end)

Cross-Fade...

go to the end of the first track, and decide at what point you want the other track to start to fade up over it... mark that spot with a marker...

now choose the place on the second track that you want to fade-up over the other track...

now it gets different depending if you are using an editor s/w. or a multitrack s/w....

MULTITRACK...
now drag the second track back in time until the two parts you want to cross-fade are above/below each other on a pair of tracks...with the beats lined up

EDITOR...
If your editor s/w does autocross-fades, or just straight cross-fades -

now drag the second track back in time until the two parts you want to cross-fade are overlaid... line up the beats the way you want them,... and do the crossfade following the s/w's protocol for selecting x-over-point, and fade length/curves etc...

If your editor s/w does NOT autocross-fades, or just straight cross-fades -

go to the first track, select the point you want the track to start to fade out... create a 'fade-out' on the file specifying curve, length etc...

go to the second track, select the point you want the track to fade-in... create a 'fade-in' on the file specifying curve, length etc...

Now... drag the second file over the first overlaying them... and line the beats up the way you want 'em...

for the kinda variations of fades/switches etc you can get with decks, i dunno how best you can do that... but obviously you know when you are lining up the two tracks to be faded across each other or butt-joined, you DONT have to have the two tracks lined up so that each BEAT-1 of a bar falls the same for each... you can obviously line 'em up with Track-1 beat-3 lined up to track-2 beat-1 etc etc...

otherwise, i guess you could have two cd-players wired into a nmixer, and work the faders to create a set recorded to tape/dat etc....

best i can offer

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum