0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 16-Nov-99  @  12:06 AM   -   DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

MC1674

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

JUST STARTING OUT I AM USING REBRITH,CUBASE,AND OTHER PROGRAMS DO I NEED A OUTSIDE MIXER?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 16-Nov-99  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

R-Tek

Nope. Its only really when or if u get hardware that it becomes neccessary.

Message 3/7                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

k

or he could get a multi-out soundcard, and mix live hands-on - it'd be like having 6, 8, 16, whatever amount of mono & stereo turntables all running something, all in sync - you fade, crossfades, drop in/out etc -

Message 4/7                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

mc1674

whats a good card like that? i just brought sound blaster live plat.i guess
i sould of waited.

Message 5/7                 Date: 26-Nov-99  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

krisgot

In theory you can compose and mix all in confines of the computer. But kilo's right you need a special multi out sound card. I don't have a mixer and I have normal sound card and have to live with mono on the play back and on on demo tapes. It sucks untill I get a new PC and whatever soud card is available then. Definitely the digital age is dictating mixing on the computer. Analog hardware will merely be for sampling sounds. Sad maybe, but it suddenly makes every one able to produce music. Even myself.

For now simply use Cubase to mix your tracks and then create a final mixdown.

Hey R-Tek. Are you hired by kilo to write on this site? Cause damn you sure spend a lot of time here. I mean you're everywhere. Maybe you're a big corporation trying to feed us with subliminal advertising..... see the name? R-TEK Ltd.? Just messin' with you, man. ; ) I think you're a great help on the site and you offer a lot of good input. Later.

PS: Does kilo pay well?

Message 6/7                 Date: 26-Nov-99  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

MrSoma

hey, k, how can you afford to keep this site up....i've got an idea...there are so many of use that look for gear here, and i would gladly pay more from DT than i would from some stranger, cause i know that you know what you are doing.....k, the classifieds aree awesome, dont you think you should be gettin a cut? also...what if you made a place for us DT readers to post where our music can be heard...and our cd's bought...i mean k, you do so much wonderfull stuff, and i dont see a lot of banners to click on....anyway, enuff from me,
l8r
MrSoma

Message 7/7                 Date: 26-Nov-99  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: DO I EVEN NEED A MIXER ?

R-Tek

Krisgot - Kilo`s a bastard 2 work 4, he makes me write all these ill-informed and opinionated messages so people dont think hes a twat and knows what hes talking about and so 2 make me the scapegoat............and he owes me £3.21 (8 weeks wages, the going rate so he says, I`m not sure). I`m a Filipino immigrant, he smuggled me into the country and forces me 2 live in the coal-shed in his back garden for which he charges me £150 a week rent with an extra £65 4 food (a bowl of Golden Grahams - milk is extra)..............only joking, sad truth of the matter is, I still live with me old dears so whenever I want a fag (thats english slang 4 a cigarette, not...........u know) I have 2 come up 2 me room so I always just log onto the net and this is the only place worth visiting really..............I`m quite busy during the week so I dont get chance 2 spend much time in me studio, which is a bummer..........sad really.........but tomorrows Saturday so I`ll have chance 2 work on my current project entitled: "Shitty sounding jungle with tinny drums and fart-sound bassline"........hehehe, its really quite a piece...................go on a bit don`t I?............

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum