0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 15-Nov-99  @  08:36 PM   -   SECK 122 mk II Mixer

daniel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

anyone got any tech info on this rare beast > the seck model 122 mk II
aparentley its all going wrong in that it gives off noise and distortion because the levels don't match with modern gear and this fairly modern mixer.
it gives out +4 db where as my amp accepts -10db ,
you can get a box to sort this out , but i need to check it out in a manual or something.
mackie mixers for instance i have been told get away with having a 0db output .
this is all new to me so if you know anyone with a seck 122 mk II or similar get in touch

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

k

ive got the 18-8-2 and we use a 12-8-2 in the live room - great mixers mate, huge facilities for the space they occupy - the mid eq aint to hot tho, the black ones have better mid eq tho - they can be a tad harsh unless you watch the way you mix... your's will be gray/cream and blue & white knobs yes?.... they are a tad harsh in the mid eq, but fine for what they cost - well, i've had accepted master from the old SECK no probs - so the quality is ok, in fact i had one accepted master with the SECK where the same track mixed on a HARRISON was rejected - heh heh - really, mxing is about what the track needs, not number crunching or spec sheets and all that stuff...

dunno 'bout this line level thing on the 12-2 outs tho?.... If it IS so, your amp aint going to blow up exactly, but... to sort out the matchin (impedence is more important for your amp), just get the mixer and amp down to any local tech bloke with a workshop, like the local TV repair etc - and he'll measure up the SECK outs and amp IN's, and get him to wire a resistor into each of the SECK L/R out jack-Plugs that go to the amp - that should do it -

actually tho, you want to use the MONITOR L/R out to go to your amp, and the MASTER L/R to your DAT or PC card L/R input -

anyways - the local tech bloke will do it - use your local traders -

tell me the name/Labels of all the master-section IN-OUTS on your desk... and the connector types IF they are NOT 1/4 inch jacks (i thought all the seck connectors were 1/4" jacks)

Message 3/9                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

Daniel

>ive got the 18-8-2 and we use a 12-8-2
How come mine is a 12-8-2 first, it does have 12 channels mind you, but its model name is... mnodel 122 mk II
It does have gray/cream and blue & white knobs you are right.

<
It has a 1/4" jack line input & a insert on each channel, and also xlr mic inputs.
The master output has a blanced L & R xlr output, and also a mono 1/4" jack output.

<
What do you mean monitor outputs , do you mean headphone sockets ??, there is only one output section ,wich i described above.

I was a bit confused before i posted my first message, I didn't realise that each channel doesn't nead to have the led's on the VU just below the red stage . I understand now that i should have each channel at about -10db to
-6db at the gain, so that when they all combine i should have the led's just below the reds overall.
I am not to botherd about my amp, and blowing it up, i was primarily concerned about the level of noise i get with my mixer, its not an earth problem anyway.
Here is a message i recieved from a freind in the first place...

the output of the seck is +4 balanced, and it's likely that whatever gear
your interfacing with the output of it is -10 unbalanced....so you have a
mismatch of about 14 db or so, maybe more. this happened to me when i was
using it, i got a -10/+4 level converter box and it made everything fine.
a level converter costs around $50-100 for a decent one that does 2 channels
of -10 to +4 (step up) and 2 channels of +4 to -10 (step down). i don't know
for sure if you need one, so research it.
>if you have a mixture of balanced
and unbalanced stuff, you're almost guaranteed to have a problem .
Thats another thing,,,, does the seck 122 mk II have TRS(stereo) inputs , or mono ??

Thankyou for your reply M8, and i think i will check with my local T.V dealer, good peice of info,
thanks
Dan

Message 4/9                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

k

when you sat VU's, do you really mean VU's, cos seck did make some earlier mixers with real neddle VU meters - on the 18-8-2 i got, it's like an LED ladder.. i guess your 12-2 (or is it 12-8-2 .. i'm confused now?), is a live mixer, so there is just one mono foldback send then on each channel?... and how many aux sends?... 2?...

Message 5/9                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

daniel

its a led ladder, like you thought, i wasn't sure if it was a VU myself. Sorry
The mixer has 4 aux sends on each channel, 2 pre's and 2 others,

What is the 12-8-2 thing, the model is a seck 122 mk II

Message 6/9                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

daniel

i must be really confusing you...
i had copyied a bit from your message and it looked like i was saying i had a 12-8-2 or a 18-8-2 , whatever they are?
i will probrably confuse again on the one just above this
, because i have wrote
"sorry the mixer has 4 aux sends.... " there should have been a coma there after the word sorry.
SORRY

Message 7/9                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

k

sounds good, i wanted to get my paws on the 24/2 version at one time for all the inputs

Message 8/9                 Date: 16-Dec-99  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

jcbland

HELP!!
Our church has a SECK 122 mixer, used to handle the PA system.
Some years ago we replaced all the channel faders - they were
getting too noisy after much use. The kit has now developed a
serious fault on two channels - full gain all the time - and an
intermitten fault (sounds like "frying tonight") on the master right-
channel output.
We URGENTLY need the mixer fixed - or replaced with similar -
in time for Christmas services.
Does anyone know if SECK/Bandive still exist? Address and phone
number? Or, local (Southampton area) tech shop that might effect
an urgent repair?
The SECK 122 booklet quotes address Brent View Road, London
NW9, and phone 01-202 4155 - obviously no longer true.
Many thanks in advance..
John Bland.
P.S. Apologies if this is abuse of the chat room - I'm desperate!

Message 9/9                 Date: 17-Dec-99  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: SECK 122 mk II Mixer

k

the bandive place is down Rochester place NW1 just down 100 yards from Studio spares in Kentish town - try calling studio spares they might have the number - studio spares is at: 0171 482 1692

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum