0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  08:47 PM   -   BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

a survey - i'm interested

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 08-Nov-99  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

uvc

I own a Behringer 1602, its fantastic, it can take alot of punishment. Only 2 band eq but i use it only as a mixer for my keyboards. I don't use it to record anything so for my needs its perfect.

Message 3/12                 Date: 10-Nov-99  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

tofu

i have a behringer mx2004a, and it ain't half bad. somehow feels a little shoddier than my friends mackie 1604vlz, but of course that might be cuz it cost only $330 :P ... three band EQ, mids sweepable on the mono channels ... only complaint is that the pot on the monitor volume control is scratchy and i've only had it a year ... time for some contact spray ...

Message 4/12                 Date: 14-Nov-99  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

AietaD

My little Eurorack MX 802A has been great, starting to get a little noisy now or pheraps its the sound card, not sure yet. Nevertheless good little board for $200.

Was it a dream or is Behringer coming out with a digital board?

Message 5/12                 Date: 14-Nov-99  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

John

Link?: Link

I have an MX3282. 24 mono, 4 stereo, and 8 subgroups. I use it specifically for dance music production.

The noise floor is a little louder than the Mackie counterpart, but when you consider the price, and the type of music I'm doing, it's definitely a good buy. Very flexible too.

John

Message 6/12                 Date: 15-Nov-99  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

hajee

Okay guys. At the moment I got a piii500 with EWS64XL, a yammy cs2x an mc303 and an Behrininger virtualizer. I´m planning to buy a Yammy a4k sampler pretty soon & maybe a nive compresser (dbx 266 or something) since mixing using just the soundcard just doesn´t go the job... Would the behringer 2004 do my job...or should i fork out extra on a spirit or macky deck...

Message 7/12                 Date: 29-Nov-99  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

systeminterupted

i've got a Eurodesk 2442A console, it's great, only four busses, but i really don't need a full 8 busses. nothing but goodness has come out of this mixer (other than my music), the noise floor is low, and the routing options are plentiful. i plan on buying other behringer stuff, the virtualizer, and plan on checking out their compressors.

Message 8/12                 Date: 30-Nov-99  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

andrew.lee

I've got a Behringer MX2442A, and am very happy with it. I am only
mastering to analogue cassette at the moment but I'm getting a
minidisc recorder very soon. Unfortunately my amplifier does not
have any more outputs etc available. Can I record straight to the
minidisc recorder (possibly a portable minidisc walkman) from the desk? ie. plug the walkman into the tape out outputs on the mixer?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9/12                 Date: 03-Dec-99  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

wai

Anyone know if the Mackies are really worth spending the extra on? I have a Behringer 2642a, Mackie equivalent is over a grand!!! I paid 299. What makes Makies so special?

Message 10/12                 Date: 07-Dec-99  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

sll

Go for the Mackie!!!!

I'm an owner of a Behringer MX8000. In the beginnig I though that this was a great mixer to the price. After a while, there was more and more problems with the buttons, they was in a bad quality. Also the EQ's sound very poor, I think, compared to Mackie's EQ. Cubase VST EQ's sound much better than Behringers I think.

So, I you want a big cheap mixer, and does'nt care about the EQ, Preamps, tech, sound quality - buy the Behringer, else buy a Mackie if you want a lifetime mixer!!

Message 11/12                 Date: 09-Dec-99  @  06:43 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

Jasper

fuck mackie, but a soundcraft instead...

Message 12/12                 Date: 25-Dec-99  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

Purple Haze

I used to have a behringer mx2004. Exchanged it some time ago for an mx3282a. Very happy with it. Although it's got more inputs and routing options, it seems to be more quiet than the mx2004. A comparable mackie would have cost me at least twice as much (an amount of money I'm not willing to spend).
Maybe they don't sound as good as the mackies (I don't know, never really used one), but at this time I really prefer having more i/o and more flexible routing for my money.
Hmmm... and out of the approx. 300 knobs, 300 buttons and 30+ faders not one is faulty or gives any kind of static or crackle. My old (2nd hand) 2004 used to crackle when turning the headphone volume knob, but that was after 2+ years of use, never protected against dust, and often operated with a joint or cigarette between my fingers.
Concerning noise... I noticed on my 2004 that most of the noise came from outside sources (most notably the zoom1201 with the prophecy coming 2nd place). The mixer by itself was pretty damn quiet (and the 3282a seems to be even more so). Even with the zooms (I got 2) attached, I only hear noise when I put on headphones, don't feed it any music and turn the volume real up... in a 'normal' situation, it's really no problem at all.
Can't say anything about the eq... it does the job for me, but I don't have any real experience (apart from some twiddling at a shop) with other mixers.
I've got 2 pieces of equipment of which I think were a really good buy and really worth their money, and that's the 3282a (and before that the 2004) and my wave/4 soundcard.

Also take into account that they're being made in Korea (if I'm correct), where the labour wages are considerable lower compared to the US, where the Mackies are being made (if I'm correct). So it's not strictly a 'u get what u pad for' thing.

I've asked someone who I trust and is working in a music shop about behringer vs. mackie, and he claimed the behringers might not sound as good as the mackies, but if you look at the difference in price then the behringers are far better value for money.

And I've got this deja-vu feeling I typed all of this before at least once.

Hey Kilo, seeing you started this thread, what about if you'd do a comparison of behringer vs mackie if you ever get the time (in the year 2525 probably). Lots of people appreciate your opinion and audio-technical knowledge (including me! said the fool...)

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum