0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7                 Date: 13-Oct-99  @  07:51 AM   -   Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

breakb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi! I´ve got a PC with Cubase VST runnning on it and an EVENT Darla sound card. I want to buy a sampler soon. Which cheap mixer should I buy?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/7                 Date: 13-Oct-99  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

roller8

I used a Mackie MS1202 and got awesome sounding mixes with it. Should be able to find one used for about $150 - $250 US. Try not to pay more than $200. Good luck.

By the way, at that price range you won't get sweepable mids and maybe not even a regular mid EQ. Just Hi and Lo which are usually shit except on the Mackie. Oh, and maybe a couple of others that may be mentioned.....
Good luck.

Message 3/7                 Date: 14-Oct-99  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

systeminterupted

check out the behringer eurorack 1602... good german technology. same specs as the mackie 1202, but has faders, not little knobs for volume control...although if you want to ad a sampler soon you might wan more channels...oh yeah, the eq deffinitely sounds better that the mackie, i went from a 1202 to the eurorack before i got my beastie...sounded alot better!

Message 4/7                 Date: 14-Oct-99  @  04:47 PM   -   RE: Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

k

late 80's early 90's Studiomaster mixers are great eq and facilities...

Message 5/7                 Date: 24-Oct-99  @  09:19 AM   -   RE: Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

yoy85

I`ve gotta Sprit Folio F1 it only cost me 250 sheet nu and gives a decent sound and has true British EQ (unlike Mackie desks). Mackie stuff is good but very transparrent, if U want 2 add warmth 2 your mix get a spirit mixer (but not a racpac they`re not even made by soundcraft, theyre made in Taiwan under licence and sound shit).

Message 6/7                 Date: 26-Oct-99  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

influx

Link?:  Link

I use an Alesis studio32..and altho its got some bugs that I dont like, it sounds AWESOME...overdriven channels are warm and solid, and the EQ is probably one of the most versatile on a 16 channel mixer...got it for $550...Im happy

Message 7/7                 Date: 08-Nov-99  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Cheap mixer for Homestudio-Any Suggestions?

99devils

I use a Carvin SM16... It's a nice mixer, 16 channels, 3 band EQ, 2 FX sends, and $299 new. The only thing I don't like about it is the level controls use pots not faders...

-Craig

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum