0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 22-Feb-01  @  06:43 PM   -   Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

druma

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've found a Eumulator 3 at a very good price! is it worth it? I mean it is a heavy big ass keyboard sampler that aperantly needs service once in a while (not great for giging), but it does give me induvidual outs, a 40mb hd ,8megs of ram, sequencer & of corse the analouge filters!! and it is expectably easy to use! now this would add resampling to my studio as i can run midi of the emu, freeing up the mpc to record audio and vice/versa, and then ofcorse there is the sound quality, anyone experianced a/b comparison?..I relise that the ultras are fantatik samplers giving me a extreame mod matrix, filters, fx, rom expandabilty, resampling and other ultra cool features beat mungling ect.. I could just wait a few months and pick up the industy standard or I could go whith the big booty emu III... any thoughts..

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 23-Feb-01  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

r-tek

Link?: Link

prejudice (I haven`t used an e3) tells me to wait for an e4. The E3 is supposed to be a bitch to get fixed .....check the emulator archive anyway, its a good resource on all things emu. The analogue filters would definately be a plus I guess, but the digital jobbies in the e4 are no slouches either methinks.

Message 3/14                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

druma

something tells me u r right.. its time to start saving up for one of thouse luvly ultras & then sell the mpc (NEVER) I'm still shocked that u did.. but I would replace it w a ultra and a xl-7 it b like a ultra asrx.. but for now I'll just do w my mighty 12 pole lpf..  

Message 4/14                 Date: 24-Feb-01  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

r-tek

yeah, I`d still like tp pick another up someday .....mebbe even an mpc60 linned up or something. Guess I needed the 01v more really, just a shame I havta put up with monitor fatigue when making music  

Message 5/14                 Date: 26-Feb-01  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

phunkytek

eIII is the fatest sampler. bass and analog sounds, but for everything else the e4 ultra puts it to shame and now the rfx plugin archtechture makes it ovious what you should do. You can buy a full blown 128 voice e4xt for $2700 at 8thstreet and that is stock with a 3.2hd and 64megs of ram.

Message 6/14                 Date: 27-Feb-01  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

pongoid

Link?:  Link

the E3 is the best sounding sampler yet made. Not as powerful architecture as some others, but the best sound except for a studio440 for dirty drums.

Ape

Message 7/14                 Date: 27-Feb-01  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

druma

hmmm quality vs features ... well the biggest letdown is it's such a heavy ass keybrd not that great for the giging man..   .the thing is my 808 is all screwed the s/h store that I deal w can trade it in for the emu3 (they also have a airbase hmmm .. but culdn't the best sounding sampler puch out a pretty convincing 808 or a 909 for that matter .?.

Message 8/14                 Date: 28-Feb-01  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

influx

why not just get a non ultra E4? a grand now

Message 9/14                 Date: 05-Mar-01  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

k

it was jam & lewis's sampler of choice at one time... Rhythm Nation was done with tons of eIII.

Message 10/14                 Date: 05-Mar-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

druma

ton: so that would equal like 4 of em  ..lol

Message 11/14                 Date: 06-Mar-01  @  05:33 AM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

phunkytek

what is the actual weight of an eIII?

Message 12/14                 Date: 07-Mar-01  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

influx

what..about 125 pounds each?;)

Message 13/14                 Date: 08-Mar-01  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

k

lets put it this way... get a roadie.   - lol!

Message 14/14                 Date: 09-Mar-01  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: Emu III vs the Morden Ultras

influx

more like TWO of em;)

imagine...aww hell man a jupiter 8 gigged? a matrix 12? oh jeez. even a kurz K2500/2600. crikey

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum