0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Emu E6400 IDE HD upgrade

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 22-Feb-01  @  03:27 PM   -   Emu E6400 IDE HD upgrade

Da1wSkillz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would like to know if anyone here has personally upgraded there Emu E6400 with a HD and if so.......Do I need to buy the IDE HD Mounting Kit from Emu directly($30).....or do I just need a normal mounting kit for a HD from any computer store($5)??? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
GB

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 03-Mar-01  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: Emu E6400 IDE HD upgrade

nebyon

Basically I went to the pro audio shop in my area and they inserted what looked like a pretty normal mounting kit but im no computer wiz. so my conclusion is that u dont have to get it from E-mu, i think that most respectable pro audio shops will have a mounting kit for u.

Message 3/4                 Date: 04-Mar-01  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Emu E6400 IDE HD upgrade

influx

Link?:  Link

Im assuming you have an ultra? if not I wouldnt try putting IDE in there...

dunno bout the mounting kit...$30 seems fair...how much did you pay nebyon?

Message 4/4                 Date: 05-Mar-01  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: Emu E6400 IDE HD upgrade

fv

The HD mounting kit is pretty much all standard computer parts except for the power cable. The leads are reversed and backwards. If you put in a regular one, you'll fry your drive and possibly the board inside the sampler.

I don't know why E-mu did this but they really should only have charged $10-15. You can easily get the materials for this for under $10. I don't have a problem with forcing you to use their kit but I have a problem with their price. They are unnecessarily charging higher than they should for these parts.

Then again, I paid what they asked as I didn't want to void my warranty.

oh well,
fv

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum