0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: 3000XL LED screen

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 03-Feb-00  @  10:19 AM   -   3000XL LED screen

Kane

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just got a 3000XL. When the front panel illumination for the LED is off, the unit is perfectly quiet. When I press the button in to turn LED illumination on, it emits a high frequency tone from the unit itself - not through the outputs. Although you can't really hear it when everything else is booted up, ie: the PC and other stuff, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't do it. I phoned akai and they told me that they all do this to a certain degree. Are they talking bollocks? Anyone else noticed this from their akai or should I just back the unit and get a new one. Cheers

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 03-Feb-00  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: 3000XL LED screen

99devils

It's a common problem on many Kawai K5000's too.

I don't think there's anything that can be done about it, except to open the unit and disconnect the backlight.

-Craig

Message 3/4                 Date: 06-Feb-00  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: 3000XL LED screen

Purple Haze

My s3000xl and w30 do it too...
Might be annoying (It never bothered me), but nothing to worry about...

Message 4/4                 Date: 07-Feb-00  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: 3000XL LED screen

richardgwinnett

dont worry....mine does it aswell(ive got two of the fuckers!!!!)

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum