0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Classical midid files

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 04-Sep-04  @  06:16 PM   -   Classical midid files

SoundByte

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello evryone, trying to find midi files of classical music...does any one know of a site or can point me in the right direction??

Ta

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 04-Sep-04  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: Classical midi files

SoundByte

Sorry that should be midi not midid

Message 3/8                 Date: 05-Sep-04  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: Classical midid files

pict

There's a site called the classical midi archive do a search on google and you'll find it.It has hundreds of midi files some of which are exceptional,there are piano pieces performed by concert pianists etc.You can only download a set amount of files(like 5) a day unless you register

Message 4/8                 Date: 05-Sep-04  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Classical midid files

SoundByte

Thnaks for your reply but I need midi files that I can actually put in to a sequencer they are files to be played.

Message 5/8                 Date: 05-Sep-04  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Classical midid files

mcc>

Link?: Link

this is what pict is saying.
find the site and check it out.
it happens to be the case that many midi-files are actually recorded by
LIVING HUMAN BEINGS INTO COMPUTER SEQUENCERS
AS THEY ARE PLAYING!!!!!!!
just as you might were you in your studio recording into your sequencer.
pretty neat!!!?!?!!!!!

Message 6/8                 Date: 10-Sep-04  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: Classical midid files

SoundByte

???????? Yep.

Been to the site havent I!?

What im after is the midi file not midi sequence. So when I open it up in Cubase etc they will be what are called tracks and little black circles with what looks like sticks coming out of them....notes.

Message 7/8                 Date: 10-Sep-04  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: Classical midid files

pict

Well the problem is that that site used to let you save the midi files to disc then they limited it to 5 downloads a day.Now it seems that you must pay 25 dollars a year to get access to the files which is another example of greed as the performers/creators of those midi files charged nothing to make them and the hoster/maggot of that site wants to earn out of their effort.Oh well Mammon is alive and well.

Message 8/8                 Date: 11-Sep-04  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: Classical midid files

beds

Link?:  Link

if you can play them then there's got to be a way of saving them.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum