0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 01-Apr-04  @  11:14 AM     Edit: 01-Apr-04  |  11:16 AM   -   um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 61/69                 Date: 09-Jul-04  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

cheddar

Link?: Link

Sound familiar?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 62/69                 Date: 09-Jul-04  @  02:11 PM     Edit: 09-Jul-04  |  02:12 PM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Once again, its their own damn fault. The prices are rediculous. I still don't own a DVD player, simply out of spite for paying £15 for a film, and I haven't been to the cinema in two years or so. £5 a ticket, £3 for popcorn, £3 for a drink. All to spend two hours in pre-scholl sized seats with your legs jammed up against the back of the seat of the 9ft tall afro in front of you. Its a fucking joke.

But, now we have sites, such as Beatport.com selling high-quality downloadable tracks for 99c - $1.49! Maybe this will start happening with films too.

Message 63/69                 Date: 09-Jul-04  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

xoxos

don't you like to take your mediscenes then?

Message 64/69                 Date: 09-Jul-04  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

Steve Roughley

Haha. There is no medicine for what I have... the quack just told me to stop watching shows with Richard Wilson in them.

Message 65/69                 Date: 10-Jul-04  @  03:40 PM     Edit: 10-Jul-04  |  03:43 PM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

Zazza

check out
www.allofmp3.com
(Click on 'English' at the top)

You choose the encoding anywhere from 56kbps mp3 to FLAC.. you pay per MB.

Huge selection. Artist gets paids via Russian Copyright Body, RIAA doesn't..

It's been up since 2001 and claims to be 100% legal.. looking around the net it does actually to seem to be legal too..

The RIAA claim it isn't but haven't actually mae any legal moves against them becasue, well they signed all these deals with the Russians so they could flog music at an affordable price to the theb Rusky peasants back in the day..

heh

O yeah, a 5MB track will cost you 5c ! So a 128 encoded album costs around 50c US ! A 256 encoded album around $1 ...

makes iTunes shop look a teensy bit overpriced doesn't it?

Message 66/69                 Date: 25-Jul-04  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

beds

" Milwaukee Public Library received 1,235 copies of Whitney Houston's 1991 recording of "The Star-Spangled Banner," 188 copies of Michael Bolton's "Timeless," 375 of "Entertainment Weekly: The Greatest Hits 1971," and 104 copies of Will Smith's "Willennium," and nearly everything in between. "

Message 67/69                 Date: 25-Jul-04  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

mcc>

what's in between will smith and michael bolton?

Message 68/69                 Date: 25-Jul-04  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

SignalRunners - BLU

a huge block of soundproofing if theres any justice....

Message 69/69                 Date: 10-Sep-04  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: um... excuse me... RIAA? HELLO!?!?!

beds

oh the irony

"We cannot stand by and allow them to erode our business opportunity by the wholesale infringement of our rights."

who's scared about infringing on someone's intelectual property?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 69 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum