0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I might get flamed for this

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 18-Jul-03  @  11:48 PM   -   I might get flamed for this

Gpc

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

A Pakistani Ambassador to the UN just finished giving a speech, and walks out into the lobby where he met President Bush.
They shake hands and walk together in the long verandah when suddenly the Pakistani said, "You know, I have just one question about what I have seen in America."

President Bush says "Well your Excellency, anything I can do to help you, I will do."

The Pakistani whispers, "My son watches this show 'Star Trek' and in it there are Russians, and Blacks, Chinese, Japanese and Indians but never any Pakistani, Afghani or Arabs.
So my son is very upset. He doesn't understand nor do I about why there aren't any Arabs, Pakistanis, and Afghanis in the Star Trek show."

President Bush laughs and leans toward the Pakistani, and whispers in his ear,
"Because... the show is all about the future"

Ian

>

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/70                 Date: 22-Jul-03  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

Influx

Link?: Link

how does using IE, which is free, make you full of shit?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/70                 Date: 22-Jul-03  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

Errata

hey GPC... just took it...

I'm a bit below and to the left of the Dalai Lama...

p

Message 43/70                 Date: 22-Jul-03  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

beds

Link?:  Link

delay lama is all you need, honest.

actually no, get xoxos's singing thing.

Message 44/70                 Date: 22-Jul-03  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

tortoise

Heh. Dancetech doesn't work right with anything BUT IE, and even then mostly on Windows. Mozilla, Safari, Galeon, etc all are kind of broken on this site. On OSX I have to load up Virtual PC to post.

Message 45/70                 Date: 23-Jul-03  @  07:05 AM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

psylichon

hey i'm near you, E

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.28

Message 46/70                 Date: 23-Jul-03  @  07:08 AM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

Trillium

Economic Left/Right: -6.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

I AM the Dalai Lama!!!

:P

Trills

Message 47/70                 Date: 23-Jul-03  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

beds

Link?:  Link

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.90

to the left of and below the dalai lama, apparently

Message 48/70                 Date: 23-Jul-03  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

99devils

Heh. Dancetech doesn't work right with anything BUT IE, and even then mostly on Windows. Mozilla, Safari, Galeon, etc all are kind of broken on this site. On OSX I have to load up Virtual PC to post.

---------------------------------------------

Then everyone else should build a better browser. You know how much time I waste at work dealing with different browsers? And our most recent statisticts showed less than 8% of our traffic is on platforms other than IE on Windows.

I was die hard Netscape until 6 came out. IE just works better.
-Craig

Message 49/70                 Date: 23-Jul-03  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

tortoise

The bit about the browsers wasn't a flame, but an observation. IE is no longer supported on Mac, which makes Dancetech very marginally accessible on the Mac (the old IE version on Mac is pretty broken). But lots of music stuff is done on Mac. If I can't use IE 6.x on Windows, I don't even bother with this site, so any use statistics will be a self-selecting population.

I would say that IE is generally broken in a lot of weird ways as well, but everyone has gotten used to working around the "features". Mozilla is technically probably the most compliant browser, but I generally don't use it regardless. From the standpoint of pure implementation quality, the KHTML (e.g. Safari) derivatives are probably at the top of the heap.

It is a situation where everyone has to sort of emulate the broken-ness of IE because so many sites are designed for IE only, bugs or no. Well-written HTML (or DHTML) should work just about with any of the major three or four browser engines out there. Fortunately, it is a problem I have to deal with only tangentially in the real world, so I can rant all I want. :-)

Message 50/70                 Date: 23-Jul-03  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: I might get flamed for this

99devils

I don't know how you can consider Mozilla the most compliant browser when it wrecks CSS, and doesn't even support features they built into 6 when 7 was released! Not to mention 6 and 7 do a shitty job of rendering HTML made for NS4, or any version of IE.

What is it specifically you think is "broken"

-Craig

Sorry to hijack the conversation  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 70 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum