0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: russia

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 03-Sep-04  @  04:05 PM   -   russia

mcc>

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

when will man's spirit learn to accept the rule of a larger omnipotent police-state and
learn to denounce the desire to live free and independent lives?

and why is the U.S. so eager to help russia maintain it's borders now...when not that long ago....it denounced it as empire?
and actually spent mega-billions trying to contain it?
in some ways it might be more free...but is it?
how is it that those who were considered freedom-fighters are now be terrorists?

well....for one.....those poor children and their families.

it seems war has no prejudice against the innocent and never will.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/88                 Date: 12-Sep-04  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: russia

xoxos

Link?: Link

terrorism? you should have heard my neighbor screaming at her husband at 7am on a sunday morning.. "i work 13 hours a day" well yeah luv, you're a cna innit.

how's things in europe? a lot of people over there work 13 hours a day just to keep their family in stale radioactive snack cakes? oh yes, america, land of the rich.

this shit gets pulled off in the country *with* video cameras, but nobody films 13 hours a day of work, because it's fucking everywhere.

there was a russian dude on kvr last week.. he said how he'd immigrated to the states, and in his mind what's hppening here is far worse than communist russia.. because the people believe it.

nobody wants to live here. young men kill each other so they don't have to live here.

you know? what are you supposed to do? forget that any allowable means of survival will channel energy to mr. big and raise up a amily?

every now and then, i'll hear about some immigrant who moves to the u.s., gets married, has kids, then offs them all in their dinky apartment one night.

you usually get the family shot.. immigrants trying to fill the form so they go to the sears portrait studio..

..but the dudes always look like kind men to me...

you see.. one day, these intelligent individuals wake up and realise where they are..

they realise that they can't compete against the sensory wonderland for the minds of their children; the wife just wants the children to survive, so she's totally into the ambient culture, so the guy does the best, goodest, kindest thing he can do: kill them all today, because 4 generations from now his offspring will have spawned into dozens and dozens of americans.. americans that caused his homeland to turn into the sucky place he was driven to leave.

epidemic culture.

now culture.. is an interesting word.. because te common sense is a set within boundaries.. eg. a defined culture

hands up wants to ave their culture defined :P

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/88                 Date: 12-Sep-04  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: russia

Zazza

Link?:  No link

xoxos:

Message 33/88                 Date: 12-Sep-04  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: russia

mcc>

mine is up!!!?

maybe some nice tv person?!
can you manage?

Message 34/88                 Date: 12-Sep-04  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: russia

Bastiaan

"As long as Putin, Megawatti or Bautaflika are hunting down these bastards they should have our fullest suppot, not our condemnation"

Koff...

As long as the Chechens are hunting down the bastards that slaughtered millions of Chechen women and children they get our support not condemnation?

To put it simply Bastiaan i think you have missed the point...

Well, since Putin is not slaughtering millions of Chechen women and children your cheap rethoric is of no use to me.

Yes, Russian soldiers are commiting the gravest of war crimes in Chechnya, I think nobody in his right mind would agree with such attrocities.

'What goes around, comes around'

Well, this is demonstrabily UNTRUE since it is the weak (children and women in particular) who get 'what goes around'.

Who started the terrorist war in Israel/Palestine? Who made the land grab? Obviously not the Palestinians becuase they already had the land.. so, gosh it must be that 'functioning democracy'.. honestly, I despair...

I don't think I made the explicit statement that Israel is the funtioning democracy, the fact of the matter IS that they are the only more-or-less democratic country in the ME. But that's irrelevant, and so is 'who made the landgrab', because from the Jewish point of view it was the Romans who did that first, and then the Byzantians, the Persians, the Arabs, the Turks, the British and finally the Jews took some land themselves. ANY piece of soil, ANYWHERE in the world was once 'grabbed' by someone from someone.

And so it goes, round and round, with us dumb fucks swallowing all the bullshit propaganda, racism and general mindless garbage passed off as politics...

Tell that to the Israeli children who were born in Israel and get shot in the head or blown up in a pizza parlor, tell that to the Palestinian child who gets send off to kill Jews with explosives strapped to his chest, tell that to the palestian mother who's son just got lynched for being 'in conspiracy with the jews'.

And no, I don't think many of on this board are racists or dumb fucks.

You seem like a smart guy Bastiaan, surely you must admit that the 'Powers' US, Russia, Britain, France etc created this fucked up situation and that maybe we should stop trying to 'fix things'?

Yes and no. Yes we are responsible for quite some mess here and there. Yes we fucked up too. Yes we (or our contries) are guilty of crimes that are on pair with what we now call 'terrorism'. Yes you are right, trying to 'fix' things is not always the best solution and usually results in more shit than we bargained for.

But NO you can't stand aside and wait for bad weather to pass on because it won't. Think about Churchill. He was a man that vehemently defended British Imperialism YET he stood up against Nazism even when people like Chamberlain opted for apeasement. I am so glad he did, aren't you?

If you think terrorism is just the result of 'us' messing with the oppressed: you're wrong. Take Spain for example; after the pull out of troops had begun (from Iraq) the police found a bomb ready to blow up a TGV train in Spain. That bomb would have killed more poeple than the previous ones. Preperation for that bomb has started in 2000, before a single Spanish soldier has set foot on either Iraq and Afganistan.

Think about that.

Megalomaniacs like you would only think existed in James Bond are a fact. There are people who still dream of establishing a caliphate in Spain since it was once Islamic. They will kill whoever they have to to get that.

It would be approp[riate to offer humanitarian aid, full stop, and stop trying to kid ourselves that we occupy the moral high ground. The wealth of the west was built on colonialism, the slave trade and genocide...

That's simply not true anymore. Many Western Countries never even took part in colonialism, slave trade and genocide. Many western countries built up their wealth after WWII, after slavery had been abondended and when colonies were gaining their indipendence. Take Norway, Sweden, Switserland or even Germany, Japan...take China and India....sure no country has totally clean hands but the fact that these countries are rich (or are getting richer) is not because of slavery or genocide: it's because of free trade and capitalism.

perhaps we should try to give something back instead of econimoically raping the third world and fuelling war and conflict with billions of dollars for our own war profiteering, oil interests etc?

I totally agree with that. But it won't stop terrorism. The hijackers of 9/11 were from rich families. In Thailand (a land that has never been colonised) rebels are beheading farmers and blowing up temples. In Indonesia areas are being 'cleansed' of pagans, Christians and Hindus, people who are native to the land and have nothing to do with slavery, colonialism and genocide.

Message 35/88                 Date: 12-Sep-04  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: russia

pict

Petri dish culture.

Message 36/88                 Date: 13-Sep-04  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: russia

cheddar

Influx - "Ive never been systematically oppressed" - youl have thick white skin then

"I think the labels terrorists/dictator are far more accurate." exactly, labels, take it off there and put it on there. Lets not forget that the label is terribly important, it efffects what news is reported and how it is reported and how opinion makers work with them "I rent my opinion, it more accurate". PS WTF is an "insurgent"

"Give me one reason why we shouldn't call a spade a spade, why we shouldn't call a terrorist a terrorist?" Because it is a label, because they who control the media get to attach the labels and most importantly it creates a class, a class where memebers are all ... whatever and removes the need for us to consider why, why do these xyz (now terrorist) do these things. Its function as a spin object or reason for defence spend of curtailment of rights (insert reason here) is shown by the marekting maxim that they keep changing the words, they loose power over time you see, cant keep their human shock value

Also I think about advertsiers and hollywood stretching sunsibilities to allow for the actual more 'wholesome' authoritarian control action, and news channels presenting terrible things to be happy about happening to others.

Z X

"the fact of the matter IS that they are the only more-or-less democratic country in the ME" So fucking what - whats the difference between slaves and slaves who get to choose between tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee masters. Where is the role of corp in democracy?, Infact where is democracy in the government lobby? faces keep changing - machinery stays the same. Look in the UK - left moves to right and right has identity crisis. If you think I am wrong - look at the class of change being offered by democracy - are we ever offered systemic change?

Message 37/88                 Date: 13-Sep-04  @  10:17 AM     Edit: 13-Sep-04  |  10:28 AM   -   RE: russia

Bastiaan

You are very accurate that labelling (by the media for instance) can be a deceitful
tool in many cases: do you call the Iraqi rebels who attack the US forces and
blow
up police stations, insurgents, freedomfighters, warriors or terrorists...do you call
the US invasion of Iraq an invasion, a liberation, an occupation or a corporate
takeover? Do you call the soldiers there US troops, US lead forces, coalition
forces, international forces or infidel crusaders?

I totally agree with that. But that doesn't mean that we should label things...heck I
label a chair a chair so YOU know what the hell I am talking about. We could
argue about semantics all you want, and you can bring all the rethoric
about 'labelling' to the table but the bottem line is:

These fucks shot children in the back.

Sure, corporate America is probably not the moral guideline for the rest of the
world to loop upon in awe, sure the West has been guilty of many crimes
themselves, sure the white christian man has killed, enslaved, raped, tortured
and exploited children, women, entire countries.

That's all true. But...

These fucks deliberately shot children in the back; that's why I 'label' them
terrorists.

This has *nothing* to do with what I think about Arabs, Chechens in general or of
the inherent right that I feel these people have for selfdetermination.

"the fact of the matter IS that they are the only more-or-less democratic
country in the ME" So fucking what - whats the difference between slaves and
slaves who get to choose between tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee masters.
Where is the role of corp in democracy?, Infact where is democracy in the
government lobby? faces keep changing - machinery stays the same. Look in
the UK - left moves to right and right has identity crisis. If you think I am wrong -
look at the class of change being offered by democracy - are we ever offered
systemic change?

First of all living in a democracy doesn't mean you get your 'change' handed to
you on a plate: if you want people to do that for you, move to North Korea, Cuba
or whatever dictatorship you feel comfortable with.

Living in a democracy means you have the right to voice your opinion without
fear of reprisal. If you can't be arsed to do that, if you can't be arsed to be
politcally active: stop complaining. If you are politically active (in any way) all the
more power to you. If you feel still nobody is listening to you or agreeing with
you; you're doing a shitty job or you're ideas are too outlandish for people.

So if you want change: work for it instead of waiting for someone to offer it to
you.

Back to my example: India, the Philipines, Thailand are all democracies. Whether
you like it or not. People there HAVE a right to voice their opinions, they HAVE
the right to write whatever they want in whatever newspaper they want. That's
the way these things work. The 'oppressed' (in this case mostly Muslims) have a
say in these parliaments yet still bombs go off, people get beheaded and civilians
and policemen get brutally slaughtered.

How are you going to blame this on western greed, white supremacy or
corporate evils?

Message 38/88                 Date: 13-Sep-04  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: russia

Bastiaan

" i have never truly supported terrorism......and generally i try to condemn it full-
stop no-ifs-ands-or-buts BUT the term and it's application are so over-used and
abused anymore....."

You are correct. Using the term to name people that copy CD's and distribute
them on the web kinda 'inflated' the meaning of the word.

"and i swear to you....were indians fighting in america today to keep a bit of their
own ancient land....we'd be calling them terrorists too."

Yes we would. That's the tragedy of it all. That's why people that can't distuingish
between the terrorist and the people he claims to be fighting for usually end up
being the ones talking about 'palestinkians', 'towelheads' et cetera. But you do
not 'fight' these bigoted ideas about entire nations, peoples and countries by with
cymism about true acts of terrorism such as it happened in Beslan.

Message 39/88                 Date: 13-Sep-04  @  11:38 AM     Edit: 13-Sep-04  |  11:39 AM   -   RE: russia

cheddar

Bastian you believe very much. Think about the pieces coming together. They are class rterrorist, yes so the media has no interest in expose. Did they do this? (that is the pocket 9.11). Are the media interesting in finding out, is this systemic use of label (and associated media treatment) allowing classification of all related issues into this "they are a terrorist camp"

What is democracy? It isn't about running people - thats what law is for. What role for democracy in a global (corp) sense. Where is the nation in a global community. I believe democracy is an abstraction that is becoming an exuse to maintain power and give illusion that people have any sort of control. What is the difference between tweedle dum and tweedle dee?

BTW - IF we are talking about fucking children we can always look at Paxil.

Message 40/88                 Date: 13-Sep-04  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: russia

Zazza

Bastiaan: Well, since Putin is not slaughtering millions of Chechen women
and children your cheap rhetoric is of no use to me.

I admit I exaggerated, it's hundreds of thousand not millions, I think my
point still stands tho:

The U.S. Government conservatively estimates that 80,000 Chechen civilians
and resistance fighters have died since 1999. Total deaths, including those
from the first Russo-Chechen war (1994-1996), are believed to be around
180,000, though figures compiled by both Russian and Chechen
non-governmental organizations suggest that this number may be closer to

Many of the survivors have been driven from their homes. The United Nations
High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) reports that approximately 350,000
Chechens have been displaced by the fighting, with 150,000 sheltering in the
nearby republic of Ingushetia, and another 30,000 seeking refuge in regions
throughout Russia.

'What goes around, comes around'

Bastiaan: Well, this is demonstrably UNTRUE since it is the weak (children
and women in particular) who get 'what goes around'.

They got what came around too didn't they, in Chechnya? If you expect people
to treat your own women and children with respect, it's probably not a good
idea to slaughter so many in the first place?

Bastiaan: 'who made the landgrab', because from the Jewish point of view it
was the Romans who did that first, and then the Byzantines, the Persians,
the Arabs, the Turks, the British and finally the Jews took some land
themselves. ANY piece of soil, ANYWHERE in the world was once 'grabbed' by
someone from someone.

I don't understand your point. There is no role for law, national or
international? The strongest wins
and that's ok? It's ok for the US to pump billions of dollars every year
into funding the Israeli war machine and then act surprised when the
Palestinians are prepared to stand up and fight? Wouldn't you do the same in
your country?

Bastiaan: Tell that to the Israeli children who were born in Israel and get
shot in the head or blown up in a pizza parlour, tell that to the
Palestinian child who gets send off to kill Jews with explosives strapped to
his chest, tell that to the palestian mother who's son just got lynched for
being 'in conspiracy with the jews'.

Except that over 5 times as many Palestinian children have been killed by
the Israelis, just since 2000:

Israeli children killed: 111
Palestinian children killed: 605

Israeli civilians killed: 694
Palestinian civilians killed: 2476

Israelis assassinated: 1
Palestinians assassinated: 308

Israeli bystanders killed in the course of an Assassination: 0
Palestinian bystanders killed in the course of an Assassination: 152

Funnily enough tho, the Palestinian kids just don't get the same news
coverage as the Israeli children? Racism maybe?

Bastiaan: And no, I don't think many of on this board are racists or dumb
fucks.

a) I wasn't accusing the people on this board of being either, I was
accusing the whole brainwashed, mind controlled, propagandised population of
the west of being so.

Bastiaan: Think about Churchill. He was a man that vehemently defended
British Imperialism YET he stood up against Nazism even when people like
Chamberlain opted for appeasement. I am so glad he did, aren't you?

This the same Churchill that recommended the use of air strikes and gas
against the Iraqis to quell those troublesome tribesmen? That's a straw man
argument.

Bastiaan: Preparation for that bomb has started in 2000, before a single
Spanish soldier has set foot on either Iraq and Afghanistan. Think about
that.

You really think this shit started happening in 2000?

It would be appropriate to offer humanitarian aid, full stop, and
stop trying to kid ourselves that we occupy the moral high ground. The
wealth of the west was built on colonialism, the slave trade and genocide...

Bastiaan: That's simply not true anymore. Many Western Countries never even
took part in colonialism, slave trade and genocide. Many western countries
built up their wealth after WWII, after slavery had been abandoned and when
colonies were gaining their independence. Take Norway, Sweden, Switzerland
or even Germany, Japan...take China and India....sure no country has totally
clean hands but the fact that these countries are rich (or are getting
richer) is not because of slavery or genocide: it's because of free trade
and capitalism.

OK... you obviously never read your history? The whole basis of capitalism
and the 'free (now there's a joke) market' is slavery, capitalism and
colonialism and present day 'free marketeers and capitalists' are still
using the military and economic might of the west to rip off the rest of the
world.

The first stock market was founded in Amsterdam in 1602 and used to fund
the Dutch East India Company...and guess what country they forced to engage
in 'free trade' with them? Yes, Indonesia! using slave labour from
neighbouring countries. A prime example is the island of Banda in the
Indonesian Archipelago. The VOC simply killed off the Bandanese,
appropriated the island, and cultivated nutmeg as a monoculture, using slave
labour from neighbouring countries.

here's a good link to read about the results of that colonisation and abuse
in Indonesia by the Dutch:
http://www.sahistory.org.za/pages/specialprojects/voc/voc.htm

The British stock market was set up to fund the triangular trade in coffee
and sugar - Raise money in London, sail to Africa, buy slaves, take them to
the Caribbean, pick up sugar and coffee, sail back to London, repeat and
fund countless other British imperial 'adventures' across the world.

To take your rather ridiculous 'examples' of western countries with no such
history:

Norway: Population 4 million, main trade until last century fishing. Then
they discovered Oil!

Switzerland: Vault for illegally acquired spoils such as Nazi gold etc etc

Germany: Many colonies in Africa (Haven't you seen Indian Jones and the
temple of Doom?)

etc...

Bastiaan: I totally agree with that. But it won't stop terrorism. The
hijackers of 9/11 were from rich families. In Thailand (a land that has
never been colonised) rebels are beheading farmers and blowing up temples.

It won't stop 'terrorism' any more than it will stop wars agreed. It is
surely, though, a way to decrease those who are prepared to support such
acts. At the moment we are just radicalising ever increasing numbers of
people across the planet by our arrogant, morally bankrupt military
imperialism. So, achieving the exact opposite of what is claimed to be the
purpose of these actions.

The problem is that some people are making billions of dollars out of this
situation.. e.g. Halliburton etc etc and selling it to us as 'defending
freedom'. Yeah, right..

Bastiaan: In Indonesia areas are being 'cleansed' of pagans, Christians and
Hindus, people who are native to the land and have nothing to do with
slavery, colonialism and genocide.

As before, read your Indonesian history! A pointer: Until 1945 there was no
such place as Indonesia, it was called 'Netherlands East Indies'. Even then,
this recognition applied only to territory the Republic physically
controlled (principally Sumatra, Java and Madura). The rest of the region
remained under Dutch colonial rule! In fact the Dutch launched a so-called
'police action' to recapture Indonesian-held territory.

Somewhat understandably the Indonesians turned to the Communist powers for
help as the 'protectors of freedom, democracy and justice' seemingly didn't
want any of these things happening in one of their colonies. You can guess
the rest: deliberate destabilisation, attempted coups by CIA backed 'freedom
fighters' (oops terrorists).

By the way, the Portuguese still kept their hands on East Timor until 1975,
hardly ancient history this stuff is it?

Gee, is it any wonder there are lot of pissed of people around the planet,
STILL trying to get out from the dead hand of the 'Free West'?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 88 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum