0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: This is kind of scary...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 18-Sep-03  @  02:26 PM   -   This is kind of scary...

PlazIdyllic Pleazurkraft

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/21                 Date: 18-Sep-03  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

errata

Link?:  No link

It does... But I'm a mild case... I just have to go back and RE-READ something if it doesn't make sense. So I was able to put together your menaing by spending quite awhile on it!

e

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/21                 Date: 18-Sep-03  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

j-type

Link?:  Link

is tihs sctnneee pltfeercy raabelde ?

Message 13/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

cheddar

Link?: Link

there are only 3 'f's in that sentence wtf

Message 14/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

milan

no, there are 4 :p

Message 15/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

Spot

i counted three F's, i got bored trying to figure out where the other three were, so i added "Fuck, Fingering and Falopian tube" to make up the 6

Message 16/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

psylichon

isn't it crazy? I won't give away why you only count 3, but VERY FEW people count more than that, even on subsequent tries.

I'll let more try it before I give the explanation I received.

count the f's

Message 17/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

errata

there's six "F"'s... It's only because I was told that I might only see three that I understand how it worked!!!

Maybe it's the "read each letter" in me... or maybe it's the "be aware of everything" I've been tought.. but they're there guys!

e

Message 18/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

Trillium

IS it because you are Euros??

There are 6 f's, plain and simple.

Message 19/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

psylichon

it's a perception thing. It works for some people, not for others. Some variants of this state that you are a genius if you see 6 f's.

The mere fact that Trills can kinda disproves that, innit? ;)

The first time, I went through letter by letter and still only counted 3. So since the cat is out of the bag, here's the reason I've heard:

The f's in the 3 "of"s in that sentence don't register to some people for some reason. Whether it's because "of" is a relatively insignificant article, because it's the second letter in a 2-letter word, or because we don't hear an "f" sound when we say "of" in our head, it's a strange phenomenon.

Anyway, that's my theory, and i'm stickin to it.

Message 20/21                 Date: 19-Sep-03  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: This is kind of scary...

errata

I was thinking it was baceause "of" should be spelled with a "v" if it were phoneticaly correct. But maybe it's just that I'm brilliant!

e

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum