0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Need translation & pronunciation

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  07:52 PM     Edit: 08-Aug-03  |  07:53 PM   -   Need translation & pronunciation

Mick

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"I've ta'en at oulart hollow"

I believe its Gaeilge but I'm really not well versed in such matters so please don't be offended by my ignorance.

The pronunciation I've heard on the recording is confusing in that it sounds like, "I've tammer too ter tallow", which looks nothing like the above spelling. Perhaps the transcriptions I've seen, of which the above is but one of many, are incorrect.

Thanks,

Mick

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/17                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  08:54 PM     Edit: 08-Aug-03  |  08:55 PM   -   RE: Need translation & pronunciation

Mick

Link?: Link

Pict, how can we exchange e-mails without either of us publicly posting our addresses?

Major thanks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/17                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: Need translation & pronunciation

errata

"Scene of a famous battle during the 1798 Rebellion. Panoramic views from the top of Oulart Hill, where a series of commemorative stones have been installed, one in respect of each battle site which can be seen from this elevated location."

It's near Wessex, in Ireland!

e

Message 13/17                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: Need translation & pronunciation

errata

Whops... sorry... Wexford!!!

e

Message 14/17                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Need translation & pronunciation

pict

Link?:  No link

WESSEX!!!! anglo saxon or what!

Message 15/17                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Need translation & pronunciation

pict

Mick if you click on the view user link next to your handle you can send an email to me without the rest of the board seeing it.

Message 16/17                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: Need translation & pronunciation

errata

i deserved that!

e

Message 17/17                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: Need translation & pronunciation

pict

Mick here are some links at this url

http://www.cernunnos.com

to some of the songs.I'll leave them there for a couple of days let me know if the links work for you.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum