0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: sterilisation Eugenics

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Original Message                 Date: 02-Sep-03  @  04:36 PM   -   sterilisation Eugenics

pict

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"To its critics, Project Prevention or Crack - an American organisation which pays drug addicts and alcoholics to be sterilised - is a terrifying throwback to the neutering of "defectives" during the 20th Century."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3189763.stm

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 141/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

psylichon

Link?: Link

don't you think that kind of stabilization should come naturally though? If this was the right solution, wouldn't our bodies have adapted it as a matter of natural balance?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 142/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

Pongoid

not for a VERY long time. Our longevity has come through unnatural means, thus so should the solution.

Ape

Message 143/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  04:46 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

psylichon

ya know i just heard recently how scientists have noticed that when animal populations get too dense, often times it is accompanied by a surge of homosexual behavior. [shrug] what do you think about that?

Message 144/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

psylichon

Very intersting point. but to fix a technology problem with another technology? Dur? At what point do we actually have to learn something?

Message 145/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

mcc>

Link?:  No link

it seems that it will be nature's way that at the top-of-the-heap will sit the most glamorous and wretched of all the beasts. and our own vanity and ignorance will insure us our own demise. heroin and football and war....and tv and overpopulation are only tools towards that end. consume consume. BUT hey...we're just a small bit in a vast universe. we've had it pretty good...and sure we could've had it better....but> it is what it is.
we are what we are. just not THAT smart.
if ape were president maybe we'd have a chance but since he's not such a great vote-getter...?!  ....i say enjoy it while we can...and hope you don't have to kill a man and if you do...make sure he's...hmmmm....not a friend.

Message 146/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

Jock

Theres an easy solution. Gas any er who earns less than £40k. That will keep the chav levels down.

Message 147/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

psylichon

Link?:  Link

Yeah, DT forums are getting too crowded anyway...

Message 148/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

spot

yeah, it was better in the old days when it was a select few and very little americans (being a UK site)

p.s, mcc> give it a rest eh?

Message 149/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

Jock Munro

Nah, I think we are being unfair on the yanks. They hate their president just as much as we do.

Message 150/166                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: sterilisation Eugenics

errata

damn! that's true Jock!!! In fact those of us who hate him probably hate him MORE than you do... we have to live with the rotten bastard!

I said 6 months ago when Pongoid dropped his knowledge... I agree with and could support this idea if it didn't abscond with people's individual liberties... I don't like the idea of "someone" dictating what's good for me, and then making that decision for me! especially based on the "bad" (realative term, guys) behavior of someone unrelated to me.

I have 3 children and will not have more. I'm raising them in the best way I know, and hopefully that will be good enough to meet with your standards. They won't be perfect and they will likely not agree with some of you on some issues (neither do they always agree with me)... but I would hope that you all would not suppose the world to be a better place without them.

e

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

There are 166 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Diagnostic Information

ODBC Error Code = S1000 (General error)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The search key was not found in any record.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (621:1) to (621:51).

Date/Time: 06/18/24 21:19:03
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)
Remote Address: 18.221.53.201
Query String: chatter_id=35&end=150&messages=166&start=141&step_messagecount=15&step_rowcount=30&threadid=34045&threads_end=1500&threads_start=1451