0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I'll burn in hell for this...

Viewing all 131 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

Original Message 1/131                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  08:03 PM     Edit: 08-Aug-03  |  10:59 PM   -   ,

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Or get lynched.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING CANADIAN :

1. It beats being an American.

2. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

3. You can play ice hockey 12 months a year, outdoors.

4. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

5. Where else can you travel 1000 miles over fresh water in a canoe?

6. A political leader can admit to smoking pot and his/her popularity ratings will rise.

7. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

8. Kill Grizzly bears with huge f**koff shotguns and cover your house in their skins

9. Own-an-Eskimo scheme.

10. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING AMERICAN :

1. You can have a woman president without electing her

2. You can spell colour wrong and get away with it

3. You can call Budweiser beer

4. You can be a crook and still be president

5. If you've got enough money you can get elected to do anything

6. If you can breathe you can get a gun

7. You get to be really obese

8. You can play golf in the most hideous clothes ever made and nobody seems to care.

9. You get to call everyone you've never met "buddy"

10. You can think you're the greatest nation on earth.

10a. When you're not.

10b. At all.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/131                 Date: 08-Aug-03  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

99devils

Eh?

-Craig

Message 3/131                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

mcc>

Link?:  No link

well....you can call them "pal" too....and say it really loud.

Message 4/131                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

influx

Link?:  Link

Ive never called anyone pal or buddy.

thinkin about makin a list of all the good things about being here, too. Nothing is ever black and white, is it?

Message 5/131                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

cheddar

yes it is )

Message 6/131                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  03:12 PM     Edit: 09-Aug-03  |  03:19 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING AUSTRALIAN:

1. Know your great-grand-dad was a murdering bar steward that no civilized nation on earth wanted.

2. Fosters Lager

3. Dispossess Aborigines who have lived in your country for 40,000 years because you think it belongs to you.

4. Cricket captain not afraid to cry live on TV.

5. Tact and sensitivity.

6. Bondi Beach.

7. Other beaches.

8. Liberated attitude toward homosexuals

9. Drinking cold lager on the beach

10. Having a bit of a swim and then drinking some cold lager on the beach.

Message 7/131                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

d

damn cheds, buddy, that was mighty coherent!

Message 8/131                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

influx

yeah, guy, good one.

hoo ra!

Message 9/131                 Date: 09-Aug-03  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

the lynch mob is gathering at my door.

Message 10/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Loopy

10 TOP REASONS FOR BEING BRITISH.

1. Erm...

2. Tony Blair

3. Lionel Blair

4. Nookie Bear

5. Getting to be the baddie in american films

6. Marmite

7. Quirky weather patterns

8. Our justice system, what a great sense of humour we have!

9. We're all poor

10. We invent lots of sports then teach other countries, then get thrashed at every one.

Message 11/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

PB

for americans, you forgot

10c. You can sue anyone for the most stupid reasons and still win.

only in america people..

Message 12/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  06:25 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Marmite?

Message 13/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Marmite is boggin'

Message 14/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Well, that certainly clears things up for me, of course its a "boggin'", what was I thinking...

Message 15/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

It's a dark brown sandwich spread made of yeast it's vile(in my opinion)but Ozzies love it I didn't know that the Brits liked it.Bogging is an adjective used to describe distaste or to describe an act or object that is dirty or unpleasant.

Message 16/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Vegamite then?

Message 17/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Same kind of stuff it's very salty with a dregs at the bottom of home brewed beer aftertaste.Did you get a listen to those songs that I uploaded Mick?

Message 18/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

That sounds truly vile.

I've been DLing those songs this afternoon, I have a veeeery slow contection. Thanks again, BTW. I streaned "The Wind..." and it was a bit disarming after having heard only Lisa's version. The jury's still out. The guitar playing is awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest.

Message 19/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

is that dick gaughan? haven't heard him in a long time.

Message 20/131                 Date: 10-Aug-03  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

i just had a look at his website ^ good lad.

Message 21/131                 Date: 11-Aug-03  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Dick is definitely one of the boys.

Message 22/131                 Date: 11-Aug-03  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

dan-s

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING SWEDISH

1 Sara
2 Lisa
3 Emma
4 Hanna
5 Mia
6 Jenny
7 Åsa
8 Caroline
9 Sofia
10 Kristina

Message 23/131                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

dan-s

shit... how do you do those nifty paragraph breaks?

what is a line space anyway?

Message 24/131                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

psylichon

type [br] after the line, substituting <>' for []'s of course.

Message 25/131                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Loopy

The secret with Marmite is moderation, just a tiny amount on a piece of toast is nice, or in a cheese sarny, if you put too much on it tastes different and you'll never eat it again. Bit like English Mustard - less is more.

Message 26/131                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

dan-s

thanks, psy!

Message 27/131                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

no, more is more. marmite rocks, and that's it.

mmmm, on toast. look, i's gonna have some now, extra thick.

Message 28/131                 Date: 12-Aug-03  @  11:14 PM     Edit: 12-Aug-03  |  11:19 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

§ï†ÅR

Not the dreaded marmite again.

Those are funny Mick!

The Tonight Show a few nights ago: David Letterman brings up Bush's current 35 day vacation.

Letterman: "Do any of you in the audience get 35 days of vacation a year?

Audience: NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Letterman: "You know why you don't? Because where you work, they need you."

Message 29/131                 Date: 15-Aug-03  @  11:48 AM     Edit: 15-Aug-03  |  11:50 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Bastiaan

top 10 reason for being Dutch.

1. government healthcare package pays for sex change operations. no questions asked.

2. half the country is well below sea level (and still slowly sinking) whilst the sea is rising.

3. only country to successfully invade Great Britain burn some of their fleeet and steal their flag ship.

4. weed is cheaper than beer

5. Heineken, Amstel, Grolsch, Hertog Jan, Brand etc.

6. Our hookers are clean, get regular medical check ups, relatively cheap and come in all sorts, shapes and sizes. They even have social security, a health plan and other benefits.

7. Even though we never won a world championship, we Dutch still believe ‘oranje (of 74 and 78)’ is history’s best football team and Johann Cruyff is the world’s best player. Ever.

8. if our dykes break we all drown (see 2) but since we'll all high, drunk, having sex, or wathcing old video tapes of our lads (4,5,6, and 7) we don't care at all.

9. We have DJ tiesto, the worlds greatest DJ, Americans have vanilla Ice, the Brits have BT and the Aussies…well the Aussies have Kiley Minogue.

10. We can always emigrate to down under if we wish to, because of Kiley.

Message 30/131                 Date: 15-Aug-03  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

"8. if our dykes break we all drown (see 2) but since we'll all high, drunk, having sex, or wathcing old video tapes of our lads (4,5,6, and 7) we don't care at all."

classic.

"the Brits have BT" they do? or are you talking about the telecomms company?

& kiley's mum is welsh, so hands off you dirty dutch fugger

*notice my use of "they" ;)

Message 31/131                 Date: 16-Aug-03  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Bastiaan

One reason NOT to be Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish:

1. You’re STILL a British colony.

Message 32/131                 Date: 16-Aug-03  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Ooh!Naughty Bastardiaan.

Message 33/131                 Date: 16-Aug-03  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Hey Mick - you forgot to list #11
11. The freedom to talk smack without the fear of getting stomped even if you are a spent wad.

Message 34/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Yeah, but start "saying" something that could count....

Message 35/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Wow. Good comeback. How could I ever top that?

Message 36/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Yawn.

Message 37/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

What is your malfunction? Oh wait, you're part of the lynching party. I was wondering when you would show up.

Message 38/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

So Mick - Are you Canadian or American, and where do you live?

Message 39/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

I live in the country I was born and have no particular nationalist leanings. I do however have a sense of irony and find nationalist stereotypes amusing. For that matter I find many people who call themselves "patriots" to be the ultimate joke. However I find "patriots" who have never served their country to be the lowest form of nationalist cretin. As a result, I can't help but baiting such people at times. Its a character flaw, I know, but I have so many other character flaws I find less amusing that I'll spend my time working on those.

Oh hell, I'll give it up. I'm second generation American whose paternal great grandmother & grandmother were first & second generation French Canadian (Upper Town - Quebec) My paternal great grandfather was British & grandfather was Welsh. Maternal grandparents where Canadian (not much info there). Why would any of this be of interest to you? Actually, its kind of boring really (I'm about half asleep writing all this). Can't wait. No really, I am breathless with anticipation.

Message 40/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Did your Machine Drum crap out on you again? I know how cranky I get when a piece of gear gets finicky.

Message 41/131                 Date: 17-Aug-03  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Actually my Machinedrum works like a charm ever since the last OS was released. I'm half Czech half Cherokee, and I get riled up when someone (especially if they live in the U.S.) starts slagging America. I don't mind someone voicing an opinion or pointing out a flaw, but when it's obvious that they (you) are simply taking shots at us, then I find you to be a waste of chromosones.

Message 42/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

where's my rifle? americans are all a bunch of fat morons.

Message 43/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  12:57 AM     Edit: 18-Aug-03  |  01:00 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Listen you (Meriphew) whiney piece of runny shit, I served the U.S. as a medic in the military so you can take your psuedo-bumpersticker-patriotism and shove it up your inconsequential ass. When you volunteer to risk your life to defend this country then you can have a fucking opionion about my intentions. As of right now YOU DON'T COUNT. Especially considering that you have no sense of humor. Do the world a favor disappear. And what the fuck is up with the name dropping & Flash bullshit on your site: "The Flying Gothboy" flapping his arms and flying about? Get a grip. The music is okay though, its too bad you suck as a human being.

Heh heh, my inner asshole is showing - I should have had my coffee this morning. Wheeeeeeee! This is gonna be fun.

Message 44/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

First off Mick - No need to be jealous just because your music sincerely sucks arse. Am I supposed to feel bad because I've accomplished a few things, and worked with some good people? Where's your website to critique? Oh yeah - you don't have one.

As far as you 'serving' your country, take your service and shove it up your self righteous ass. My Father, Grandfather, and Uncle (who died as a result of the Korean War) each served 25+ years in the military, so your boast of serving as a medic for what was probably a very short stint (what - 4 years I'm guessing?) means nothing to me you ing mental midget.

When you post some real music, then feel free to comment on mine. I make a nice living strictly from my music. What do you do?

Message 45/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

And where are you from Mr Beds?

Message 46/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  02:47 AM     Edit: 18-Aug-03  |  03:01 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

"What do you do?"

Its too easy. I've often wondered what I would do when this happened as I have seen it happen to others. I'm glad it happened in the virtual world first, however. So, I will yield "defeat" for the sake of not going someplace I promised myself I would never go. Its moments like this that help to define one's character so I also offer you my thanks for allowing me to rise to the occasion (and to pat myself on the back - something I rarely indulge in).

I'm happy that you have achieved a measure of success in your chosen field and wish you continued success in the future.

"...feel free to comment on mine."

I already did, I complimented you on it.

Oh, props to your grandfather and your father. I'm sure they have some very valid opinions. Maybe even a sense of humor.

As far as "my music" I do it for fun, I'm okay with people thinking it sucks. I'm not trying to please clients or an audience, etc.. Its fun.

Cheers.

Message 47/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Yay! I win. You lose.

Message 48/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Sorry. Just trying to nudge you into arguing some more.

Message 49/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Heh, heh. Glad to see its all been in good fun (well mostly).   I'm always up for a bit of RD&S.

Message 50/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Spot

are we having a "my music is better than yours" argument? or "USA Vs UK" fight?...

course, UK will always win by letting the yanks think they have

Message 51/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

and they're much fatter.

Message 52/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Spot

aye, fat burger eating window lickers

Message 53/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Jock

theres certainly a bit of a genetic bottleneck stateside. any nation that listens to country and western music needs nuking.

Message 54/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

My dog is better than your dog. :^p

Message 55/131                 Date: 18-Aug-03  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Trillium

Fuck off.....ALL of you.

Trills

Message 56/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

psylichon

But Trills, you forgot the best part about being an American:

We just don't give a shit.

Message 57/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Trillium

You know you're right Psy.........

I really DON'T give shit. That's why you can all off, because if you're going to act like ing bigot morons, I care not what you have to say.

Peace.

Trills

Message 58/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

influx

meriphew...are you one of those that cant handle criticisms of the US?

Id have to say I agree that the cheapshots people take, including mick's intentionally shallow attempt at humor, get me riled up a bit too.

the whole "europe is better" thing is about as tired as a stupid notion can get

but the fact remains that the US is heading straight for trouble, and has stepped on some already sore feet everywhere you look, AND seems utterly incapable of handling things here on homeground either.

what with the majority of people strutting around with their chests puffed out, screaming USA USA USA and driving trucks so big you'd think they should have been required to get a special license, we dont exactly exhibit much more than stupid arrogance. not to mention our pseudo-religious war-monger "leader" who has proven himself to be a moron time and time again (and a big fat fcking LIAR as well)

The land of opportunity? yes. but the dark side of that is oppression, greed and excess

Message 59/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

you yanks are just too proud. pride is over-rated, specially if it isn't something you've personally achieved. being born somewhere isn't really much of an achievement on your part.

you're all fat morons, by the way. even psylichon, and he's a skinny bastard.

Message 60/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

influx

I hear that on the pride thing. what a silly thing to be proud of, where you were born

or what color your fcking skin is for that matter? Its not like you had to DO anything to get there

Message 61/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Influx, I can handle negative opinions about the U.S., though sometimes I feel a person crosses the line with generic stereotyping of the U.S. and it's citizens. Am I proud to be an American citizen? F!ck yeah I am, but I also think that someone from Germany should be proud to be German, a French citizen should be proud to be French, and so on and so forth.

Beds, I can't tell if you're trying to be abrasive in a joking manner, or if you're really that mentally shallow to believe what you're saying. I hope it's the former.

Jock, have you ever listened to Neko Case? There goes your whole theory about all country music sucking (though about 99% of it does).

Message 62/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  03:11 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

influx

meriphew

WHY "proud?"

what exactly did you have to do to become an american citizen? I mean...you were born here, right?

GLAD, I can see because even as we speak this is still a good place to live (dubya and the business/war mongers are doin the best to ruin it tho) but PROUD? sorry. no.

and dude...I hate to say it, but the _majority_ of us ARE fat, stupid, narrow-minded, self-centered and ineffectual. Theres no way to argue against that. Its not much different elsewhere (I mean from where I can see it sure seems like Brits are a pompous set of fckers themselves!)

but, its been a long time since anyone else was seen on TV, chanting for a so-called war as if it were a football game

and people _support_ this shit! Dont get me wrong, I dig this place (well, Id kinda like to see SoCal BURN (right after I and everyone I care about leaves)) and plan on staying, and I even find myself saying "dont like it? leave!" sometimes, but...

your "defense" seems just as hair-triggered as Mick's offense. A knee-jerk "YAY! AMERICA!" that has been proven to cause MAJOR problems the world over. think about it

Message 63/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

"including mick's intentionally shallow attempt at humor"

I'm not sure how I should take that.

Message 64/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

d

I'm damn proud that you spell humor humor and not humour :P

Message 65/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

influx

well, were you serious? I mean..it wasnt exactly "deep"

the "shit" you talked...the "jokes" were for the most part the standard cliche attacks, no?

I meant nothing strongly about it, but knew you might catch that. Im not logged in so I couldnt edit it

and the 10, 10a, and 10b...I hate to say it, but as far as "everything combined" goes, Id still have to say the US _is_ the greatest.

where else, mick, could you do what you do right now, and make the kind of money you make?

where could _I_ do what I do? I mean...acknowledge!

I always feel the need to reiterate my fury at the way this place is run, but that fury runs right along side a full realization that things are _very_ bad everywhere else, and Id rather address and deal with here than anywhere else.

dunno...the top tens you posted, hell they werent even "attacks" and personally I think Meriphew flew off the handle (like I said, sadly typical hair trigger nationalism, the end result of which is often violence) but at the same time it seems all too common for people to forget just how fortunate they are.

really what it comes down to is that if the bad truly outweighs the good, you have two options, right?

fight, or leave. simple!

I say lets fight, but...starting where?

Message 66/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Influx - I pay taxes, I vote, I donate to charities, I try to help out people who are down on their luck. I definitely have my shortcomings, but all in all I am an asset to my country. Is one only allowed to feel pride for the U.S. if they were around back in 1776 when we earned our independence? If you don't feel pride for your country, then so be it, but don't question me on the right that I have to feel the way I do.

Message 67/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

influx

and then you bring up "rights?"

you didnt read a thing I said.

PRIDE is f-ing STUPID. again. you were only born here. you didnt DO anything to become an american!

NOTHING!

fact

Message 68/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

I had to come back to say more

meriphew, think about it before you pull another knee-jerk reaction and start talking shit to me as you did to mick

pride is an iffy thing, in a way, but...if you mean being proud the same way I do..."GLAD"...or "happy that it is this way" then sure!

but pride, as if it were some sort of accomplishment? sorry. nope

you seem to think I was questioning your american-ness, or your right to lay claim? errr..nope. Im glad to hear you help people out, etc, but...the taxes thing..is that a GOOD thing?

the majority of taxes go to things one really ought not agree with, and a true PRIDE in ones country would require that one NOT pay those taxes until changes were made!

Message 69/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Pride has a few different meanings. Perhaps your meaning of pride differs from mine. I am part of the whole machinery that is America (as is every other citizen who contributes something positive to our society). Things that I do, and things that a million other Americans do make this America. Sure there are bad things about the U.S. - I am not proclaiming it to be perfect. I do hold pride in what the U.S. stands for in the global community, and what we bring to the table - again I know we are not perfect, no country is.

As for taxes, they are a necessary evil, though I like everyone else, would like to see them more wisely spent. Problem is, everybody has their own opinion of what wisest is (but that's a whole other huge thread).

As far as my reaction to Mick goes, it was not knee jerk. I said what was on my mind and would say it again. Sometimes I am a little harsh with my words, but emotion is a human thing and it's not always kind - nor should it be.

Message 70/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  07:24 AM     Edit: 19-Aug-03  |  05:40 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Pride comes before a fall as the old saying goes.I don't think the average American realises the deep seated loathing and detestation there is for them due to the actions of their government,not just in the middle east but throughout Europe too.The blatant manipulation of the media,the emphasis on profit before all else,the rampant,poisonous,dangerous nationalism that is being induced in the population by the Bush administration,the total disregard for international opinion doesn't inspire warm affectionate feelings towards the entity of the US.Bushism is like Thatcherism except magnified a million times and far,far more dangerous because they literally have a free hand to do whatever they please with impunity reasons to be proud indeed.SPQA if you ask me Pax Americanus.

Message 71/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

I really was "takin' the piss" as they say. Speaking of top ten things "...our", "...mme", ...re" should be some of the top ten reasons for being British: "colour", "programme", "centre" etc.
Such loverly looking words.

Jeez, insomnia is killing me - I gotta get some sleep.

Message 72/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Spot

hahaha..choke...wheeze....splutter.

Looks like the Americans are stirred up...phew, luckily they are all asleep and I can post.

I've been to America a couple of times and I like it, nice place, lots of space, people generally friendly and nice, I want to go again too!.

but....and seriously now.....The American people in general have an immature attitude, they are immature people...they are very "gung ho" people...for example:

Mr Large says..."hello Mr American, your full of shit"....Mr American says "Right, I'm gonna kick yo mother fvcking ass you punk ass biatch...WOOO YEAH! I'M PROUD TO BE AMERICAN - ONLY IN THE U.S OF A etc.." without thinking about the consequences and the fact that Mr Large is twice his size....in short, gung-ho, doesn't really think long term.

which is why in the past few years Americans kill more allies than enemies when at war, cos they like to storm in like its "their time to shine".....stupid!.immature!...there still there now, except all they are doing is killing innocent camera men etc...

and finally, what does the USA contribute to the world....

Global warming?...they cant build a car with an engine less than 8 litres, hmm, there's a pollutant for you....I hired a car when I was out there, 4.3 litre engine...why??...it was pathetic, the 1.4 litre car I had at the time would have left it for dust....

and many others, got to stop, work calls......overall, don't pride yourselves too much, you might self destruct.

Message 73/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

does it matter if i'm taking the piss or not?

it's anyone being offended that's hilarious.

Message 74/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Spot

yanks are easily offended tho, they are so proud of their country that if you bring them down a peg, they get the arse

Message 75/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

big fat moron's arse

Message 76/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Spot - The list of what America brings to the global community is huge, so I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about that other than to say we wouldn't be having this online discussion if it weren't for the internet (made in the USA). Also, it seems that whenever there is a crisis in another country, everyone calls for the U.S. to come in and take care of it. The U.S. does take a much more proactive stance now days, but your country might do the same if it was hit like we were on 9/11.

Message 77/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

yeah spot, Im sorry but that one was pretty stupid. Even though there's a ton of bullshit the US govt perpetrates, America as a whole seems to contribute its share of good as well

I sure would love to see, as an experiment, what would happen is we pulled in all our tentacles, maybe holding on only to import/export if necessary.

I do believe that if we didnt import we'd be fucked...prices would go through the roof.

Message 78/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

import/export is what it's all about though influx. it's the control over wealth that influences american and most if not all countries' foreign policy.

Message 79/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

"much more proactive stance now days" erm ...
there's a whole thread here about how proactive american foreign policy has been in recent times.

just coz you're in iraq and afghanistan with ground troops these days doesn't mean you haven't been poking your noses in all over the world for good or bad for the last 50 years.

Message 80/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

ok, but...bedwyr...govt's often ASK the US to do that!

Message 81/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Bed - The U.S. has been 'poking' our nose into the worlds affairs far longer than 50 years.

Message 82/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  06:59 PM     Edit: 19-Aug-03  |  07:02 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Meriphew you mean like this

http://www.chavezthefilm.com/index_ex.htm

give us a fucking break would you.The US government thinks nothing of toppling governments that don't play the game according to the US rules.

Message 83/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Hey Pict - I find it quite amusing that you're accusing the U.S. of manipulating through media and yet here you are being manipulated by the media that is the website you posted. If you think that most (if not all) countries don't use media as a propaganda, then you are sorely naive.

Message 84/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

but how many other countries have demonstrated that they are convinced that everyone should be just like them, with massive profits being the only true motive?

honestly meriphew

Message 85/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Honestly I think most other countries would like to have the same status that the U.S. has. That's why so many countries try to align themselves with the U.S.. Does the U.S. try to mold the world? I believe that we do, but I also think a lot of the global 'Westernizing' is happening on it's own.

Message 86/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  09:43 PM     Edit: 19-Aug-03  |  09:47 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Whew, I really will burn...

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING ENGLISH:

1. Two World Wars and One World Cup doo-dah doo-dah.

2. Warm beer.

3. You get to confuse everyone with the rules of cricket.

4. You get to accept defeat graciously in major sporting events.

5. Union jack underpants.

6. Water shortages guaranteed every single summer.

7. You can live in the past and imagine you are still a world power.

8. Bathing once a week-whether you need to or not.

9. Ditto changing underwear.

10. Beats being Welsh or Scottish.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING IRISH:

1. Guinness.

18 children because you can't use contraceptives.

2. You can get into a fight just by marching down someone's road.

3. Pubs never close.

4. Can use Papal edicts on contraception passed in the second Vatican Council of 1968 to persuade your girlfriend that you can't have sex with a condom on.

5. No one can ever remember the night before.

6. Kill people you don't agree with.

7. Stew.

8. More Guiness.

9. Eating stew and drinking Guinness in an Irish pub at 3 in the morning after a bout of sectarian violence.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING SCOTTISH:

1. Beats being Welsh.

2. Beats being Welsh.

3. Beats being Welsh.

4. Beats being Welsh.

5. Beats being Welsh.

6. Beats being Welsh.

7. Beats being Welsh.

8. Beats being Welsh.

9. Beats being Welsh.

10. Beats being Welsh.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING WELSH:

1. You've got to be having a laugh, haven't you?

Welly, that should get things back on track.

Message 87/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Meriphew

Does the U.S. like profit? Hell yeah we do. Can you name a country that doesn't want huge profits? Every country is trying to gain capital in the global market. To do otherwise would be foolish.

Message 88/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Meriphew

Mick - you bastard. ;)

Message 89/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

what about the sheep?

Message 90/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  10:39 PM     Edit: 19-Aug-03  |  10:51 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

fuck it what's the point

Message 91/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

sorry fellas but the name-calling really looks stupid

Message 92/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Hey Pict. Give up the props for those lyrics if they're not yours.

Message 93/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Can I call someone a "nance"? I've always liked that one.

Message 94/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Mick they're Janis Ian lyrics

Message 95/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

nance...short for "nancy"

?

mental pygmy was pretty fuckin funny tho

Message 96/131                 Date: 19-Aug-03  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

Aye but you're right influx,shouldn't mock the afflicted.

Message 97/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

another top ten thing about being welsh.

f.m.

Message 98/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

d

Mick: Calling someone "nance"?

I can't go for that. no can do.  

am I still fired?

Message 99/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  05:42 AM     Edit: 20-Aug-03  |  05:44 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

Short for "Nancy boy". So, is "nance" a slight against gays or "sissies". For that matter, I always thought sissy meant coward, wimp, etc..
As you can tell I'm new at this childish name calling thing. I prefer a more erudite style of name calling.  

"Mental pygmy" would have been funny but I was actually called "mental midget". Not nearly as funny. Pict about those sheep...

I once saw an anatomically correct female blow-up sheep once. My roommate wanted to get it. I told her I would move out. ;)

Okay, back to the childish name calling...

And who the hell fired you "d" (what's up with that anyway) dammit. They're sacked.

Message 100/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

spot

Typical U.S response, we invented everything, bow before us, we are the almighty..

Fvck off!

The internet was invented by the british army as a form of telecomunication between its troops in the field and the base station......

all yanks do is innovate, they rarley invent

Message 101/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

psylichon

innovation sux

Message 102/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

lol! Spot you're cracking me up bro. I suggest you go back to the drawing board.

Message 103/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

yeah spot..the "fuck the US" thing is a bit old.

Message 104/131                 Date: 20-Aug-03  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Spot - I'm not doing the whole USA vs Brit thing. The Brits gave the world the Beatles and the Stones, and for that they'll always be in my heart.

Message 105/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Influx

and we gave them hiphop 

Message 106/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:54 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

True. We also gave them Jazz.

Message 107/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

d

someone named Mick fired me.

"if anyone quotes Hall & Oats, even in jest - you're fired"

god they sucked. where did they come from?

Message 108/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Mick

That rat bastard!

Message 109/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

you "patriotic" "proud" yanks have absolutely no sense of humour.

fat morons.

Message 110/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

spot

yanks do have a sense of humour, its just different from ours, we're more than willing to take the piss out of ourselves, yanks get all defensive and pissy.........twats

Message 111/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

ok, i'll take that back.

fat morons.

Message 112/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

cheddar

"Am I proud to be an American citizen? F!ck yeah I am" Meriphew you (again) swallow shallow

"but that fury runs right along side a full realization that things are _very_ bad everywhere else" - how informed

"the "fuck the US" thing is a bit old" so popular = old??

Sorry I missed this old topic but the same argument for US/UK is for US+UK/Europe as for US+Europe/far east, countries divide and rule, here we are using the word global when what percent of the globe is represented, hey you got to have at least IT homogonization before you can even contribute. Down with cultural diversity

Message 113/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

spot

the what what and the what what now?

Message 114/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

dubmunkey

i like the US! Ok so have never been but it looks wickt in the movies......

greg

Message 115/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

spot

i like Shitting my pants....i've never done it, but i've seen it on telly

Message 116/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

steve

Shitting your pants is overrated. I did it once when I was on my BMX, thought it was just a wet fart but I followed through. Had to ride standing up the whole way home, I did.

Message 117/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

psylichon

I shit on the floor of my friend's dorm room in college. Was laughing a bit too hard, a few too many mushrooms, and lo and behold a pea-sized nugget comes rolling down my jeans leg. So I shook it out and stamped it into the carpet, christening the ground that became the holy seat where we sat wankers we didn't like when they'd come to visit.

Message 118/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

I bet that's true you clatty bastard.

Message 119/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

Trillium

It is, i can vouch for it.

Message 120/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

hamish lives on

Message 121/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

lol beds

Message 122/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

dubmunkey

telvision? yeah that thing looks wikt in the movies!

Greg

Message 123/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

beds

go on tell the tale pict

Message 124/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

spot

ew, that shit in the carpet thing was rank.....but also midly amusing too.

i might dump a chocolate U boat on my mates carpet next time i go round, Fucked if im stamping it into the floor tho, i'll get it all over my shoes

Message 125/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:57 PM     Edit: 21-Aug-03  |  04:59 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

The late Hamish Imlach was a well known Scottish folk singer who loved his grub and his gargle and as a result was,shall we say rather rotund(he was a big fat git).Well he went to an after gig party and stopped on the way to have a big feed of curry,after his very big feed(he was a bit of a gannet for curry)he ended up at the party.The party was very crowded and Hamish threw himself into being the life and soul and also threw himself into the pies and bevvy.

After a while he developed a bit of a pain in the gut but he ignored it and continued to feast on the pies and bevvy but the pain in the gut spread to his bowels and Hamish realised that he needed to empty them of the polluted curry very urgently if a nasty embarrasing incident was to be avoided,so he headed for the bog at top speed but he was not even halfway there when disaster struck and he shat himself thunderously but luckily no-one was close enough to hear or smell.

He got to the bog and whipped off his breeks and his suspicions were confirmed;he had absolutely annihilated his underpants no amount of washing would save them so he washed his arse up and put his breeks(trousers) back on and then thought about how to dispose of the destroyed underpants.Then it came to him he wrapped up the stinking,wet,skittery, shitey underpants in a towel and after checking that the coast was clear he headed for the back door and out into the back garden.

Once there he found a convenient bush to hide behind and buried the minging,sickeningly smelly underpants at the bottom of the bush.He then headed back to the bog washed his hands and launched himself back into the party.

All was well then after about 5 mins the party went silent Hamish looked round to see what had caused the silence and there was the party givers great dane dog with a massive pair of stinking,shitey,earth covered,underpants in its mouth that could only belong to one person.

Message 126/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

psylichon

wow, either i'm having a severe case of deja vu, or you JUST told that story around here. Please tell me it's the latter because the former is entirely too freaky.

Message 127/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

pict

It's the weed psy

Message 128/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

psy

no, it was chat, i remember now

Message 129/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

meriphew

Wow. This thread has really turned to shit.

Message 130/131                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

PlasIdyllic

Don't they all these days?

Message 131/131                 Date: 22-Aug-03  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: I'll burn in hell for this...

spot

that was a mildly amusing story, what would have been better is if he'd launched his soiled grundo's from a balcony onto a crowd of people below, then quickly hid, sniggering like a 5 year old....that would have got my vote!

Viewing all 131 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

There are 131 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum