0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  08:56 PM   -   Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Last Saturday was a magical night. I invited Don Buchla to come to our party and he showed up. He's an amazing and awesome character. Super knowledgeable and real as a person. It was very cool to meet the man as just another guy who ties his own shoes, and play music for him, and not just be some dork all over his shit, gushing about...well , shit that he's heard a million times and probably has moved on from, as a man who is extremely busy doing his thing, making magical, complex ideas into reality to help others make theirs manifest as well. No picture taking, no autographs, or any of that shit, just hanging out, and enjoying a couple beers and some jungle juice, while people dance, cavort, and frollic. That was fuckin hip, I tell you. Moments like that are special, not because it was hanging out with some "star", but just a nice old guy, with real heart, vision, and knows the fuckin deal, backward, forward, and even sideways. I would even have offered him some psychedelics, but I thought that might be a bit much on first meeting. Maybe another time.

Ape

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

mcc>

good call on holding off on your offer ape.
if he's that down-to-earth....
he's most likely been-there>done-that and finds meaning through his creative efforts....plus seeing the joy these creations bring to others.

his presence would be something i'd want to respect by not presuming anything..
especially that which might damage any understanding...
just as easily as it might nurture it.
maybe another time.
sounds like a good party though.

Message 3/11                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

Pongoid

I dunno, the way he plowed through those beers and jungle juice...but yeah, maybe another time. I'm looking forward to owning and using one of his synths someday.

Ape

Message 4/11                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

mcc>

haha....like i said!
sounded funlike.

Message 5/11                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

xoxos

dibs on those psychedelics he didn't get offered..

Message 6/11                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

Trillium

Link?:  No link

Yeah, um........ *raises her hand* Can I get some too???

Message 7/11                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

mcc>

i think he's uploading now.

Message 8/11                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

Pongoid

If you're ever in the Bay Area, and I have any left, I'll be happy to fry you out. Love is to be given, not taken.

Ape

Message 9/11                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

SignalRunners - Andrew

does he make trance?

Message 10/11                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

milan

lol... by the title, i thought someone had actually met xoxos

Message 11/11                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: Meeting a Synthesizer GOD

Optofonik (AKA_Mick_Rhyze_etc.)

Sounds like a truly rarefied moment. Few and far between they are.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum