0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: totp is dead!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  04:10 PM   -   totp is dead!

hoody

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Top of the Pops is being taken off BBC1. I'm telling you that this is the end of the music industry as we know it. The fat cats have killed it! Give up and become interested in something worthwhile like gardening and kids.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: totp is dead!

k

good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... it was utter, total & complete F*CKING shite!!.... Anyways, you dont put kiddies TV shows on prime-time evening TV do you?

CDUK is now the prime kiddies pop show.

I will miss the opportunity to watch BUSTED in action tho of an evening *sniff*

Bring back 'THE TUBE' format I say... lots of bands playing live in the studio & not too much guff in-between

Message 3/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: totp is dead!

chedar

shout to the tube also. but the ground is rather broken now no?

Isn't Jools Holland carrying on the style - but with less Paula Yates

Message 4/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: totp is dead!

pict

The old grey whistle test was great live bands strutting their stuff unlike Top of the Plops

Message 5/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: totp is dead!

whispering bob

mmm, yeah, nice.

Message 6/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: totp is dead!

moujik

Link?:  Link

Its not being cancelled... the producer's left & they're bringing in the legend that is Andy Peters to do it.

They are (according to the Metro) going to do away with the chart format though....

Message 7/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  11:18 PM     Edit: 30-Jul-03  |  11:20 PM   -   RE: totp is dead!

BluStudio

Link?: Link

funny thing was- they always got whover was number one to play the last one on the show every week, regardless-madonna,christina aguilera, blah whover....

i was always waiting for someone to flatly refuse to play totp when they hit number 1 to see what would happen, its never happened i dont think, well not in last few years where they stopped doing video's etc...

blu

Message 8/28                 Date: 30-Jul-03  @  11:23 PM     Edit: 30-Jul-03  |  11:27 PM   -   RE: totp is dead!

BluStudio

actually just thinkin, i remember years ago Altern8 going on totp in full boiler suit and dust mask getup, doing big wind-mill running on the spot rave dancing and all the teeny boppers standing at the side waiting on new kids on the block looking like they were about to start crying lol Prolly about the closest ive seen to giving 2 fingers to the beeb...

TopOne,NiceOne,GetSorted

Blu

Message 9/28                 Date: 31-Jul-03  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: totp is dead!

Mr Hill

Its not TOTP that has killed music, its computers (via the internet)that's killed it!

Computers helped push music to the only place it could go during the 90's but now computers (via the internet) are going to kill it because of all the file sharing.

Music will just be a hobby for most of us now.

Message 10/28                 Date: 31-Jul-03  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: totp is dead!

cheddar

Mr Hill you are a fool

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum