0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/24                 Date: 24-Jul-03  @  07:47 PM   -   Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

errata

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

The Next GOVERNOR of the Broken State of California

Yes, it's true... I am taking this internet opportunity to announce my intention to seek the office of Governor in the State of California.

I'm not afraid of big money opportunists with hidden agendas and an air of moral superiority. I intend to shine a beacon (well, a candle maybe) on the corruption and lies and special interest BULLSHIT in this great land!

Let's face it kids... California is an awesome state, filled with beautiful lands and semi sedated people. All of which deserve a governor who shares their hopes, their dreams and their desire for gross consumption without personal responsibility. In short they deserve a man like Gray Davis, but since they can't have that weak kneed pillow biter, they might as well have, ME! Because let's face it kids, this state will just not be able to chill properly with a Republican Governor (did we learn nothing during the stressed out 80's and 90's!)

So here's the rub... I need $3500 to file my intent for election. And I need it fast!!! This is not a hoax... I'm serious (well, at least about my intention to run). But I can't do it without loyal supporters who are willing to cough up a few bucks.

So, I'm asking you to be brave and dare to dream of a powerful, wealthy land Governed by an extremely unlikely liberal hippy type who meditates and produces techno music! Dare to believe that in this great land, even a snide, sarcastic SLACKER can ascend to an unenviable position of responsibility by just being who he is and telling it straight!

I promise, if I can't raise the $3500 in time, I will return all moneys to all contributors. But if I can? well, look out Caifornia...

We're in this SHIT together my friends! I know you believe in me!

e

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/24                 Date: 24-Jul-03  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

cheddar

Link?:  Link

leave em to it e

Message 3/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

99devils

Borrow it from Schwartzenegger  

Message 4/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

Maarten

Why doesn't he just sell his gear?

Message 5/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

errata

It's the idea of a social joke...

Message 6/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

errata

It's a social prank! I have a friend on the morning show at our local radio station who has agreed to put me on the air if I can get on the ballot. This means I can at LEAST reach thousands in the capital city of California.

The plan is to laugh my way into a campaign designed to highlight the inequities and rabble of our bullshit system. I don't intend to win, or even get a ton of attention. But, really... If we can play a public prank in a circus atmosphere, why not?!!!!

But either way, I'm determined to do it on donations. That way more people are in on the joke, and it carries (at least for me) more weight... it wouldn't be funny to me if it was simply self indulgent.

dare to dream

e

Message 7/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

Maarten

ah, I thought you quoted that text from somewhere... you have my blessing though. Don't forget to legalize  

Message 8/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

Influx

why do you need money? that doesnt make sense whatsoever

sadly, Im not too keen on contributing to throwing away $3500 that would be better spent elsewhere, especially as a "joke"...

I see the point...but Id rather get involved if there was a chance of actually DOING something, not just getting a laugh ("look at that hippy, as IF!")

Message 9/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

errata

LOL... totaly Influx... I understand. But it's a joke that just might do something. This sh+t is a mess! Really... and there's no way to fight it. But Satire as a weapon, not a new idea but a good one. Again, I'm not stupid, and i'm not illusioned into thinking this will change things, but it will make people think.. not A LOT of people, unless we get real lucky.. but some.

The whole damned special interest show in California has completely blown up into a circus of the absurd...

And it's not really throwing away $3500, it's throwing away several people's $10 or $20 or whatever dollars... if that's how you want to see it!

The reason the money is needed is because there is a $3500 fee for filing in the election. I assume that's to keep assholes like me out f the game! But that (for me) is all the more reason to do it, and again, to do it with the help of others...

shrug...

e

Message 10/24                 Date: 25-Jul-03  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You

Influx

well yeah man! If it was $10-$20 each, Id be in no prob..I mean...that aint a lot

but anything more than that is kinda tough...

but still, even then...that $3500 would do...what...in so many different ways

its fucking LAME that it COSTS to get into an election. not surprising tho, I guess.

well...Im in if you can get other interest. Id actually rather be a PART of the whole thing...minister of info or something...or just plain ol rabblerouser...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum