0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Anyone heard of this guy...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  04:25 AM   -   Anyone heard of this guy...

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Greg Palast. I've been reading a couple of his articles and am beginning to think he's well worth reading. I'm also curious about The Observer, however. What is the general view in Britain regarding this paper and Mr. Palast in particular?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

pict

Link?:  No link

The Observer used to be a respected broadsheet but I don't know about these days I think they got into some difficulties some years back and I don't know of they were bought over or not.I think Palast's stuff is quite interesting and from what I can gather he has a good measure of respect.A good mag to read is the Economist it's total establishment oriented but very well written and always interesting Marx read it religiously.

Message 3/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

beds

Link?:  Link

marx arse. how long ago was that? you're right though the economist is well written.

observer is still a good lefty read. it's the sunday version of the guardian, big thick thing you think you're getting your money's worth for. they used to pride themselves on their "investigative journalism" but that seems to have fallen by the wayside in the past few years. i'd read it the same way i'd read the times - healthy pinch of salt all round.

one thing i'd say about the guardian/observer though, there does seem to be a dose of good humour in there, i caught myself laughing out loud on a couple of occaisions reading it last week.

*football grumble mumble*

Message 4/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

spot

i read big jugs monthly yesterday, that was an itellectual read...they had a story on juicy jenna and her funbags, was most intersting

*feeling out of place amongst the clever people

Message 5/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

pict

Link?:  No link

Beds the economist was founded by a Scotsman in 1843 to voice opposition to the corn laws.Marx read it during his years in England to keep up to date with the free market thinking of the time"you have nothing to lose but your chains".In Spot's case his bondage chains,maybe Spot would be more interested in Inflatable Titties monthly intellectual stimulation par excellence.

Message 6/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

spot

yeah, lob it this way, tits are tits

Message 7/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

beds

even jock's man breasts?

Message 8/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

spot

i wouldnt go that far

Message 9/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

beds

"i caught myself laughing out loud on a couple of occaisions reading it last week."

hmm, is that a welsh thing? surely it's "reading it last week, i caught myself etc. "

forgive my english but the only one i hang around with is a cockney so what the does he know?

Message 10/15                 Date: 21-Aug-03  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Anyone heard of this guy...

spot

cockneys know Fuckall, Facken Geezahs, cor blimey, mince pies etc

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum