0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Machinedrum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  08:46 AM   -   Machinedrum

Input

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Sweden Stuff! Elektron released an prototype of the "Machinedrum" a new 808 / 909 Style Drum Machine. But not really a clone. It have his own charakter. And looks not bad.

The Price is about 1.000 USD.

Check out machinedrum.com / elektron.se.

Franky

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/70                 Date: 21-Jan-01  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: Machinedrum

komputer

Silver Hemroid, he said noise, not distortion, nutsack.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/70                 Date: 21-Jan-01  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Machinedrum

Local Boy

Link?:  Link

All this watered down corporate VA crap is what makes most of todays music sound boring and shite, you can poke your 96bit A\D converters with their 128x oversampling and 102db s\n ratios right where the sun don't shine. Listen to some music from the 70s and 80s when there were no dsp algorhithims to make everything sound the same, it may not be clinically noise free but it sounds a lot warmer and dirtier, stuff like that makes the music take on a more interesting organic feel.

Depends what your into though I spose, I like the fact that the 303 doesn't have a noise free output, you'd probably freak at the noise that some of my gear makes!

To me noisy synths have character, and if you're worried that the first part of the recording is gonna be all hissy use a gate, like they did in the old days, when the music starts the gate opens and all that noise is there in the mix, lovely. Ghetto rules.

Message 13/70                 Date: 21-Jan-01  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Machinedrum

komputer

Local Boy, couldn't agree with you more. Nice post

Message 14/70                 Date: 21-Jan-01  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Machinedrum

subzeroX

I looked at the picture closely and by the looks of things its got only 8 outputs n i need more than that so imma hafta have a seriously good test on this b4 i consider to buy and maybe even sell others

Message 15/70                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: Machinedrum

komputer

It's probably not in all-in-solution, but 8 outs is a healthy start.

Message 16/70                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: Machinedrum

subzeroX

I agree 8outs is a nice combination but theers always a situation where youd like more for some seriously complex breaks or patterns

Message 17/70                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: Machinedrum

LSD-25

But individual outputs on a digital machine mean a separate DA-convertor for each out (expensive.. 

Message 18/70                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: Machinedrum

subzeroX

I know hwo you are LSD yer just upset because I said if the machine drum's any good i'd be selling my 808 and 909
baby lol

Message 19/70                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Machinedrum

LSD-25

Yeah and I know who you are, hehe. =)
Selling 808&909??? You`d be a fuckin` frook.. *lol*

Message 20/70                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Machinedrum

Komputer

Selling an 808 and 909 is blasphemy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 70 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum