0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Do i pull the wood off?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  06:49 PM   -   Do i pull the wood off?

me

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just got a virus and the wood aint doing it for me. I might just paint em a solid color. I'm too scared to experiment but do they just slide off or what?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

scrotalsack

no, you have to unscrew the bottom cover,
take it apart, and then you can access the screws that hold the wood to the frame. This doubles as the mounting holes for the rackmount accessory should you choose to rackmount it.

Message 3/14                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

99devils

No, not true... At least not on a Virus
A, and I doubt the chassis has changed
in the B's. The rackmount replaces the
entire bottom of the unit, plus the
sides and wooden ends.

I'd just order the Rack kit if you
wanted to get rid of the wood.

-Craig

Message 4/14                 Date: 02-Mar-01  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

Jimmy

The wood isnt doin it for you? ::gasp::

I love the wood. I think its super sexy and retro..err...yeah ;-)

Message 5/14                 Date: 03-Mar-01  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

me

Thankya. No i don't think wood on electronic devices is a good mix, i dont even like em in cars. I have nothing against wood, in fact most of my furniture is wood. doodoo brown no good.

Message 6/14                 Date: 03-Mar-01  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

scrotalsack

my bad, i just assumed due to the placement of the screw holes on the unit that the rack mount kit was just some brackets that screwed on...

Message 7/14                 Date: 03-Mar-01  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

influx

Link?:  Link

pull the ends and refinish em to black. Im gonna do that

Message 8/14                 Date: 04-Mar-01  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

me

Just did it. Had to use the black spray paint i use on my car. One question...since i broke the sticker seal does that mean its no longer under warranty? Ah fuck it, it was worth it.

Message 9/14                 Date: 04-Mar-01  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

Stefan

Link?: Link

>> since i broke the sticker seal does that mean its no longer under warranty?

No.

Message 10/14                 Date: 05-Mar-01  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: Do i pull the wood off?

Ziggybwoy

Just a reminder that any ashtetic changes to your synth will sevrley reduce any re-sale value, but hey if your happy wit yo virus and never intend to get rid. rip it up and paint the meaty little bastard like a rainbow.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum