0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Bloody yanks

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Original Message                 Date: 15-Apr-03  @  02:51 PM   -   Bloody yanks

Jock Munro

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

http://english.aljazeera.net/topics/article.asp?cu_no=1&item_no=2292&version=1&template_id=277&parent_id=258

I know as individuals you are cool. But your government really are a bunch of cunts, and I wish I could be put in a ring with that Ronald Dumsfield. Looks like they wanna pick a fight with Syria now, are they mental or something ?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 91/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  04:36 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

man called clay

Link?:  No link

i have tons of books...some are unread (of course) but i like used books....authors like studs terkel and h.l. mencken and biographies and autobiographies of alduous huxley and charlie chaplin and well...all kinds of orphans i've bagged and dragged home. malcolm x....nelson mandela....norman mailer...kurt vonnegut.
astrology, history, art...music.
errata...i'd invite ya over since you're in sd but since you got something against guys who build houses and work WITH THEIR HANDS for a living......maybe coffee?
i used to play brick by brick when it was the spirit.
damn...that place...the ghosts there!
craig...sunblock...and if you're towards the south part of town......

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 92/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  06:43 AM     Edit: 22-Apr-03  |  06:51 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

rhyze

Link?: Link

Dagnabbit! Foiled again. Darn kids, I would have gotten away with it...

What tipped you off?

Message 93/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

errata

the motor cycle!

Hey, MCC... I NEVER said anything against Contractors! Just that they all are named BOB! Not the people who work for them, but the actual guy, with the rack on the truck and the magnet sign that says B&B builders or whatever. THEY are always named Bob... or at least, they should be!

I'm not in SD but I'm sure you're reading the other thread as well, so I won't be redundant. I'll just add, I don't EVER intend to get anyone pissed (except maybe Jamie back when he was pumpin' up the rave act, buth that's IT,   )

Nothing I say should be taken too seriously.

e

Message 94/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

influx

yup. the motorcycle

Message 95/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

knowa

Link?:  Link

preaching to the choir for $1500 please.

hi rhyze.

Message 96/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  04:46 PM     Edit: 22-Apr-03  |  04:47 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

rhyze

(hangs head and sheepishly replies in his best Niel voice)

"Uh, Hi guys...

Dinners on the floor again."

Message 97/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

Defector z

Books suck. What a tremendous waste of resources. What percentage of books actually get read more than once? And what do you do with them once you are done? Donate them? Well, certainly libraries don't have enough room for 16 copies of Lady Di's unofficial autobiography...

Message 98/131                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

i bite for you

are you fUcking serious with that question?
tremendous waste of resources my ass. and you're
having children.

Message 99/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

pict

DefZ I don't fancy reading War and Peace or any other substantial work of literature from a computer monitor.Books rule,Screens suck for reading purposes.

Message 100/131                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Bloody yanks

Fhalyndon'gan

Ya know, I like to follow Chomsky, Miller or Fussell with a little Herbert, Laymon, or Koontz myself. Waste? Like movies, there is a place for both poignancy and popcorn and I'm not takin' my lappy hiking with me simply to read a book. When I'm done? They become part of my own personal lending and trading library. Litereary recycling anyone? This all makes me think there is a reading subculture with its own customs and traditions much like the "indie music" subculture, making and trading mix tapes among a circle of friends and acquaintances. I've never thought about it that way before. Hmmmmm, very interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

There are 131 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum