0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: guns

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 15

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  04:59 AM   -   guns

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just saw a trailer for Michael Moore's new movie "Bowling for Columbine." It's all about guns in America and it got me thinking. Why are guns such a problem in America? How 'sacred' is the second amendment?

Personally, I don't think guns serve any purpose but to kill. You can target shoot without lethal potential and you can kill animals without firepower. I don't like the government telling us what we can and cannot own, but I really don't see the need for guns in any society.

I'm curious what you guys think. Do we need guns? Would it make a noticeable social impact to outlaw guns? I think it may... more than waiting for the average American psyche to evolve.

Quoting Linda Richomond, "Twalk amongst yahselves"

I love the smell of stirred shit.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 81/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  09:35 AM     Edit: 21-Oct-02  |  09:37 AM   -   RE: guns

Zazza

Link?:  No link

It's not anthrax that kills people, it's people.

Pongoid. Ewww... you are so angry and very scary... it doesn't sound like you need much motivation to shoot someone, so maybe I should just stop arguing my 'bleeding heart liberal' corner eh?

Well, the bottom line seems to be that US citizens are so terrified of each other's capacity for violence that you don't really have a choice but to arm yourselves.

Interstingly, none of you pro-gun people have answered my relatively simple question:

'How come so many more people die from gun related incidents in the US than in countries where there are strict gun laws?'

Just to let you know, in my entire life and I grew up in the equivalent of the harlem in london, I have NEVER seen a gun wielded in anger.
I was there in the middle of the riots in Brixton. I have been threatened with knives and had a machete buried into the wall next to my head and been beaten up, but NEVER seen a gun. When I walk down the street, the policemen are NOT carrying guns, imagine that!

What would you suggest we do in the UK... promote the ownership of guns so that we can shoot each on a more regular basis? Or would that make things worse. Really, what do you think, I'm very interested.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 82/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: guns

Luciferenda

Brad, was this shooting at Databass? There have been two shootings out here at Jungle/DnB clubs that have caused one club to be shut down. Heard the most recent was at Databass.
Those mindless shootings are sad.

Message 83/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: guns

BJT

Guns...hmmm...they're just no good!

Message 84/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: guns

CHEDDAR

PUSSY SHIT

If you gonna make a terror war then don't be surprised to see and feel the word. Fair enough really.

Make gun in life - live gun - see gun need to satisfy. When are you good people going to see that your responses are not your own, oh you may have stories - don't we all, but it belongs to others, you were/are a part and the "them" "us" BS is just an excuse to cosy your world view and spread the divide and rule. I am not pointing but right now the US has a military and finacial machine which cowes the world, talk terror!.

OK so it ain't you Jo doin this and you are versed in tasting the fester flavour and it gets worse and nobody can understand your pain and they don't have any sympathy and then all these brits keep winning Oscars and where the f*-* is England anyway? Pl-e-a-s-e. But what is that to me. Not much - I am not trolling but the rain is falling outside for this duck.

Whats the point. Divide and rule, who wants to divide, who rules, so f-*n what! keep it down - get the beats movin.

Message 85/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: guns

w

It's time to set up buy-back-gun-programs...when one does not own a gun...theres less fear. Guns are for the feared.. I'm tired of living in a world where people expose fear.

Yes, America is saturated beyond belief with guns...and with that ..leads to many accidents and extentions to the idea of using them in a real life situtation it's completely irrational and prehistoric ers..

LIke my fried getting shot by his gf over another girl...come on wake up.

Message 86/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: guns

GT

right of center; i don't own a piece, but like having the option.

let's see we have purchasable drugs and purchasable guns...both being adverse to your health if applied incorrectly.

so glad the politicians think FOR the euro's while we have Freedom of Choice in defence of our homes and families. as for the drug using, gun toting hoods, they will ALWAYS find shit on the black market. (tough one to except it seems)

{CUT TO SCENE} Husband "Well officer, I told that rapist not to touch her but he kept on doing it, so i couldn't be bothered. I sat down to watch the east enders on the tele and had a scone."

what's with the haters of guns? come on, it's a farce. the UK was forced to ban (even nice expensive collectables pieces has to be binned) as was australia in which home invasions continue to rise.

fact is, that liberal UN would-be dictators are engineering a resistance free world-wide government. the gun issue is one of many test cases in which the UN will use against the spirit of the US Constitution.

Message 87/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: guns

Luciferenda

GT - nice.
For the rest of you's...peep this:

http://www.pcvp.org/pcvp/firearms/stats/motove3.shtml

Message 88/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: guns

cheddar

hate guns?, just looking and seeing selling and whats the American way again,

guns kill people

I tried but a) I could lift one to inflict the damage, b) I tried pointing my finger and saying click - real 'no way'

guns kill people, people kill people, people kill other animals, people inflict pain, people kill the planet, poeple plan death and misery, people work in the restraunt, people die from hunger, live, die, enjoy, suffer, the wheel goes round, such a perfect circle - you can't tell from the side

custard pies never killed anyone

Message 89/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: guns

Luciferenda

and one more....
California Stats from 1998
http://www.pcvp.org/pcvp/firearms/stats/24death98.shtml

Firearm deaths right up there with Motor Vehicle Deaths....looking for current stats as we speak.
But basically people, it's our 2nd ammendment right to bear arms. Period.
Doesn't mean I am happy about all the mindless deaths caused by them, but like I've said earlier, being responsible with your weapons makes a big difference. Of course there will always be those who slip by and get stupid and think that solving problems comes from owning a firearm. They also have it bassackwards.

Message 90/147                 Date: 21-Oct-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: guns

k

so GT... even your miniscule right-wing brain must be able to find a reason why in the uk (where guns arent generaly owned & all handguns are banned) (or in europe across the board) we have hardly any shootings and instances of people being attacked in their homes is extremely low. No such thing as a driveby etc.

But thats cos of something else right? - what?... 'English reserve' perhaps?

and in the usa anyways, black kids get shot daily and no-one cares until some white middle class people or schoolkids get shot - then it's a huge deal all over the media.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 15

There are 147 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum