0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Beats

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Original Message                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  10:29 AM   -   Creating Beats

karibe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm wanting to know what do I really need to create some fat beats I have no hardware except for a computer with alot of memory. What all do I need to get started and how much would it cost.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 81/115                 Date: 03-Dec-99  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

k

for that authentic 70's/80's dub snare sound, get a cheap deep metal snare, remove the top head, get an orange house-hold duster, drape it over the open top of the snare shell, drop the head on top and pull the duster tight under the head by working around the drum shell edge pulling it taut - add the hoop & start to srew down, re-tighten the duster to be sure it is smooth under and against the drum head... tighten up and tune - that's the one -

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 82/115                 Date: 05-Dec-99  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Fastracker rocks. Electro hasn't gone to sleep. Most styles in hibernation, but then it depends on where you go and who you listen to. Actually I heard some decent new house last night, but yup same old 909 sounds. I've even got one in the studio right now, but refuse to use it, just out of principle. May do something with it later, but not into it right now. What I'd really like is a mod'ed out 808 (amongst the few pther tools)....

Ape

Message 83/115                 Date: 05-Dec-99  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

sage

Pongoid, if dont wnat the 909, i will be more than happy to take it off your hands!!
DJ Sage

Message 84/115                 Date: 06-Dec-99  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Pongoid

Sage from SF? If not, there's a very pretty junglist going by Sage in SF already ripping it up. Can't go grabbing somebody else's nom de geurre now can we. It's just not on. If so, then how's Ed? You all livin in the same joint?
Ape

Message 85/115                 Date: 06-Dec-99  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

sage

nahh, i am not that junglist, i from h town. my nick comes from the irc on the undernet. i started makeing some rap beats with some friends and i decided to go with the DJ part. Do you have any of this others sage's mixess i can hear?

Message 86/115                 Date: 07-Dec-99  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Disko House

Really, nice atmosphere in here ;O)

Message 87/115                 Date: 08-Dec-99  @  12:27 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Pongoid

I don't but Red Tape, or Compound Records may have a tape of her set. Don't know the #, but you could call information. Area code 415. Good luck.

Ape

Message 88/115                 Date: 13-Dec-99  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Mothership

i guys, i´m from munich, germany. i´m really surprised, that there are so many people in the US interested in D`n B and other electronic music. Here in (West-)Europe it is rumoured, that most of the americans prefer rock-music. Here in Germany people are really crazy about all kinds of electronic music, and there is also lot of crap on the market. Why I´m writing this? Because I´d like to know more about the D`n B scene in the States...Which towns are the pioneers? Where are the best clubs? Is there a chance in Florida to find a good d n`B party / club ( I`m going to make a trip to Florida in a few months...). Greetz, Rob

Message 89/115                 Date: 13-Dec-99  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

sage

Link?: Link

look there, and also the lotus magazine is nice http://www.lotusmag.com/

Message 90/115                 Date: 13-Dec-99  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

nobody

d&b is in new york, chicago...help me out here. i read it's getting more & more acceptance out west, which is new..but i still think new york & chicago

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

There are 115 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum