0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Beats

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Original Message                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  10:29 AM   -   Creating Beats

karibe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm wanting to know what do I really need to create some fat beats I have no hardware except for a computer with alot of memory. What all do I need to get started and how much would it cost.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 61/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

wai

The "Amen" loop is called so simply because it was sampled from a record called Amen's Brother, i think. Which i think is the original artist. It's a mutha of a break, that's why it's been used by so many artists. Maybe a little overused, but top artists still use that loop

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 62/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

Thanks wai. Could you give me a few other classic sources of loops and perhaps what "think" is from? These are things that I really need to know I think cuz I'm always making everything from scratch and would like to hear what It's all inspired from. Again I wait and it's killing me...

Message 63/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

chamuco_rojo

I have just began to get into music. I currently own the RM1X from Yamaha, The Sid Station, The Kaoss pad,
The Akai mpc2000 and The Roland juno 106. I have currently just started to write songs, aand sometimes I feel like thier missing something. I don't know I justed wante to know I guess what more would I be able to use ?
Thanx

Message 64/115                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

Link?: Link

Well I found some of them classics here. Still can't find "Think(about it)". Anyone got a link for that one and/or know of other ones of interest?... And uh, Chumuco, tell us what kind of music your trying to make and what the trouble is and we can all take a crack at it. I've been through hell tryin to learn all this stuff so I'm with ya man.

Message 65/115                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

JFX

Hey Chumuco,

i'm starting myself and the most usefull thing i've done to date is roaming Dance Tech's threads, you will find a lot to think about here.

As for your kit, well, I guess you already have all you need.

But isn't the rmx1 and mpc2000 combo a bit redundant? For a start I mean... but how could I know, don't own any of them %)

Message 66/115                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  02:28 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Olla

Yup,
And Don't forget Funky drummer, James B....."give a little sn'thn for the drumma"
Used by everybody from Sinead O Connor to Goldie and quite some Ninja Tune Maestroes....FUnky drummer and Amen maybe the most used\lifted\cut-up beats ever..

Olla

Message 67/115                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

k

well they are both in the FILEZ section here - follow the links to THE SAMPLES - for rool to beats it is the velocity and shuffle titming on some parts, but also the introduction of timed delays gives loads of rool, and is in fact the origin of alot of shuffle-beat styles, straight beats played thru a delay gives you everything from garage to jungle and swing beat shuffles... remember jungle does have a 3+4 time crossover feel

Message 68/115                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

Aye, and you`ve gotta have the Apache loop as well by the incredible bongo band. Amen Brother is by the Winstons - A right funky little number.............I hate 2 bring this up Fresh, but if u use them, you`re using someone elses beats - that not make u feel a fraud?......hehehehe, only joking. As Ray Keith quite rightly said, the Amen loop is part of our history - we can`t turn out back on it.............check Traces "Sonar" or Dies "Watching Windows VIP mix" 4 a fresh relick of that much caned loop...............BTW the "Armegeddon" LP is FINALLY out on the 29th, this side of the pond - every junglist must have this album. And the Ray Keith LP should b out soon as well, so you`ve all gotta check that one cos if the UFO album was anything 2 go by, its gonna b a stormer.....

Message 69/115                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

Thanks. This is exactly what I needed. Oh I don't want to use them, I just want to study them because I think I'm missing some of the root theory. I guess what I will do is sample and slow them down to find the shuffle zones (unless you guys know of a better way). In retrospect, I think that I've not paid enough attention to shuffle because I can't get the rool too easily. I either hit it or missed it and didn't know why. Didn't even know we had all these sample loops here. Have to have a look around this place. Thanks again.

P.S. If you have any further insight to shuffling jungle, please speak up. 

Message 70/115                 Date: 24-Nov-99  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

wai

Hey Fresh, you can check out the 100's of sample cd's that are available, for loops Jungle Warefare 1,2,3 have loads of loops, cut'n'diced or straight. If you want to hear them b4 you buy them just send me an e mail

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

There are 115 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum