0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: DJ´s get all defensive about this

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 18-Aug-02  @  10:58 AM   -   DJ´s get all defensive about this

TIC

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

well i have made electronic music for about 4 years (little more actually) and been into the music for about 6 years. And now i have decided that i have to learn how to dj so that i can offer both a live show and a dj set (prolly gets more gigs) but since i can´t really afford two decks and a real mixer i decided to use what i the stuff i already have ie my laptop. So i got myself a copy of Traktor (liked that software best) and started to learn how to mix. after about six months i could put together a pretty decent set (not just my opinion a guy i know who has been dj @ docklands also thougth so) well anyway i have gotten a lot of shit from diffrent dj´s who almost refuse talking to me about dj stuff just because i use a laptop. Some say it is to easy to learn how to dj on them (automatic beat matching automatic bpm calculation automatic syncing of bass drums on tracks) So i lied about my mixtape to a some people (said i had made it with two decks when it actually was just vinyls that i had recorded and then encoded to mp3) and then a got a much much warmer welcome until i told them that it was a mp3 set with Traktor ofcourse then they all claimed to have heard somthing wrong with it. Can some one plz explain why dj´s act this way?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 61/62                 Date: 06-Sep-02  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

Drop

Ok, ok! Your right! I just hope we still see vinyl in 5 years.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 62/62                 Date: 12-Sep-02  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

djjessex

dont get me started on djs again. I love alot of them, hate most of them. Really good Djs deserve every ounce of credit for they are on the level. They spin producers music, give them props for it, and acknowledge them when somebody asks." who wrote that"

What I hate is how they muscle us out of the scene that we are responsible for. Hell we need a union! We need to go on strike! With out us they would rot in hell.

As far as using sofware to mix, I recommend tables. If you ever want to dj at club and raves. They usually have their own decks at the site, and would look at you funny if you showed up with no records and a lappy. Get real man, you already know we are right, get over it. Kudos for your cool mixes on traktor, Im happy for you. And the Djs that saw probs only after you told them, that just shows you how conceited and egotistical most DJs are. Fuck em!

Those who cant play...DJ!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 62 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum