0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: the final stage

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 11-Oct-04  @  10:21 AM   -   the final stage

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm having difficulty understanding something. If I am choosing to have my drum sample VST samples to be 32 bit on load and am bouncing down my soft synths to WAV's at 24 bit, then do I choose to record (on my CDR 2 track) at 16 bit or 24 bit and can people I send a 24 bit CDR to, play it on a standard system. Sorry if this is a crap, basic question.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/60                 Date: 26-Oct-04  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: the final stage

k

Link?:  Link

My favourite is the FM preset in wavelab 4 - an easy fix for non critical stuff and good for web versions to get them nice and hot

just be careful your bassend isnt overdone prior to import.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/60                 Date: 26-Oct-04  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: the final stage

Influx

Link?: Link

just keep in mind that the 16yr old garage kid LEARNED on that stuff, and most likely has NO knowledge of a hardware setup. He wouldnt have to "unlearn" anything and re-learn a new environment

something to consider before you sell all your hardware. it definitely sounds better in most situations, but...its a different environment and might not be conducive for you personally.

also...I dunno if Id recommend just reason and FL really...but try it out and see!

Message 53/60                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: the final stage

SignalRunners - BLU

it took one conversation to make u decide to switch , just like that, are you high?!

maybe the young guy had TALENT no?

Ive heard jaw dropping shit from both completely hardware , AND completely Softaware driven tracks, and everything inbetween, combinations, the lot.

A preset in T-racks aint gonna turn shit into gold m8

Ive heard tracks straight off the reason sequencer before that have made me almost faint - but cos the guys had talent, not cos reason is so good!

Seriously, step back and have a quick assesment here m8 - if you cant make shit bang before the mastering stage, forget about T-racks, youll do more harm than good - dead serious

blu

Message 54/60                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: the final stage

Dominic

Blu - another "sound" post by yourself bruv. Ya getting a bit of a reputation on DT aren't you!?!

Of course I know its about talent! That's glaringly obvious. Hell, Dizzee Rascal made a mercury prize winning album on a cheap PC and a sampler. Its not the tools, its the workman. Yer, this is all very obvious to me.

I just want to put everything into a laptop because its easier. Hell, talent wise I'm a strong 6 out of 10. I'm never going to make a living out of making music but I just love doing it. It beats sitting in front of the tele every night. Plus I don't really get to be creative in my day job so…….

And……

I fancy a bit of a change. I think I've become stuck in a rut a bit and fancy a new environment to work in. Oh yea, plus I'm moving into a smaller flat and I fancy everything on my laptop through a nice pair of Genelec monitors. Not sure if I'm going to be able to afford a flat big enough to house all my hardware.

Message 55/60                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: the final stage

k

Link?:  Link

Hell, Dizzee Rascal made a mercury prize winning album on a cheap PC and a sampler

like THAT means anything - lol -

only joking - it's the video I like - brilliant because it is SO BRITISH... 100% British vibe rather than all that Yank copying crap.

Dom man - "I'm never going to make a living out of making music but I just love doing it."

be positive man, you never know

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 56/60                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: the final stage

nutoniom

integrate don't segregate

besides, at some point you'll regret selling your synths

Message 57/60                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: the final stage

Dominic

What hardware synths? FL runs VSTi's.

Message 58/60                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: the final stage

nutoniom

well, if you don't have any hardware synths, what are you downsizing from ?

*scratches head*

Message 59/60                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: the final stage

Dominic

A pointless 32 channel desk and lots of outboard like compressors and verbs, distortion pedals, etc, etc. Has your itch gone now?

Message 60/60                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: the final stage

milan

oh btw... Dizzee had a producer who has a full on studio with pt and shit... not like they used it, judging by the sound of it  

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 60 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum