0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bask in this my minions!

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 25-Jan-04  @  04:17 PM   -   bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

Link?:  Link
File?:  File

80_detuned_saws.mp3
To my amazement, many of you haven't heard what a REAL supersaw is!

So I took some time out of my schedule and did a little JP-8080 demo for fun.

It's PURE JP- no extras. I didn't even use the onboard chorus- no extra effects- I did use the onboard delay. No reverb etc etc

I used the onboard treble control to bump it up a bit..

So here it is EIGHTY detuned saws..singing for you. Yep, 8-0- .... enjoy

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/65                 Date: 10-Feb-04  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

The Fist

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Let it be said that electronic music NEVER learns how to "leave the audience wanting more". Instead, like a spoiled, immature little child, it shamelessly and greedily exploits any whiff of success it sees, to cartoonish extremes.

TRANCE drenched itself in the "should've been put to rest years ago" one-trick breakdown-build-anthem formula and senselessly driven it to new, insane levels of assinine.
Some songs have ridiculously long and drawn out breakdowns. Each song tries to outdo last week's hit anthem, reaching higher and higher, making the genre louder, fuller, and more exalted and gradiose. Good god, does this ever suck. The way megatrance producers shamelessly cash in on a particular sound is insulting sometimes. How can anyone take this trite, derivative garbage seriously? It's a bombastic, pompous, over-the-top, monstrously grotesque caricature of what trance used to be. It sounds like a really bad and corny Hollywood love scene.

This is the musical equivalent of drowning a meal in ketchup so you can't taste the original flavour anymore.
This is the musical equivalent of using big, obfuscating words in an effort to sound intelligent, but everyone knows you're just full of shit.
This music is the bargain bin of electronic music. It also encompasses those signature-melody tracks that are always packaged in 'BEST CLUB ANTHEMS EVER' compilations, which are the musical equivalent of junk food.

If you have any form of music to blame for electronic dance music hitting the mainstream, Trance it is. And that really, truly, terribly sucks.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/65                 Date: 10-Feb-04  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

I have been playing the piano for 14 years. I listened to folk music up until I went to germany and discovered trance. No, I do not only listen to trance. I don't even just make trance. Check my userpage- I have new age music that I have written, classical music, chillout music, and break-beat.

What if I like trance?

Message 53/65                 Date: 10-Feb-04  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

craig

Link?: Link

A blanket statement like "all ______________ sucks" is just plain ignorant. There's something to be learned and enjoyed from every style of music.

Even if it's what not to do in your tracks  

Message 54/65                 Date: 10-Feb-04  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Bastiaan

I couldn't care less... songs like the ever so nice binary finary or tiesto clockwork orange still make the hairs on my neck stand...couldn't care less if it is the musical equivalent of Mc Donalds.

Admittedly I also like *both* german and italian opera even if both were once improper and no-done according to various elites at various times.

Message 55/65                 Date: 10-Feb-04  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

BluStudio

lol, love it when you unregistered ballbags post garbage like that 'fist'

log in, upload YOUR music, then have a pop at someone on here ok - im suspecting these posts are all from the same person trying to stir shit anyway

You know-fucking-what actually, id love all you arseholes that say how easy it is to make a good sounding trance track to actually fucking MAKE one and post it here- better yet, just post back and tell me what label its coming out on and what edition of 'best club anthems ever' so i can go listen

if not, just fuck off and keep quiet- do what you do and let others do the same

blu

Message 56/65                 Date: 10-Feb-04  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

milan

The Fist... unfortunately the most can be said for 90% of music out there, regardless of genre... apart from that i'd say you're about right.

Blu... what about skills if everything sounds the same and formulaic?

Message 57/65                 Date: 11-Feb-04  @  03:07 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

BeelteBug

Im not saying not to like trance, but to just listen to other styles of music. I used to be bang into trance and now ive grown out of it. As with many people my musical tastes have changed over time to not like trance anymore. Just the same as you BS with folk music but i turned in another direction to house music whcih is just were trance came/evolved from. I find listening to the sound of house gave me that all important groove and funk that inspires me today, all im sayin is to not ignore the routes of trance and have a listen you might like it!!!

Glad to hear your not as stupid as i was with only listening to trance all the time which clouded my judgment about other styles. Some of you may remember me from a few years back i used to post a lot of my tracks up on this site, always euphoric trance. In fact i have posted under 2 prevoius names on these forums: - FUSION and BUG. I always used to post trance under fusion, then i had a break form the net because i moved out my mums, my girlfriend had a baby, moved house twice and then set up BUG here on DT and posted a load of my new stuff mostly hip hop and house as i had well and truly stoped listening to trance by this point.

BluStudio i didnt post anything else not under the new name i use for house - BeetleBug. The reason i changed my name to BeetleBug here on DT is because ive got a forth comng release on Cuba Records under this name, the original track is funnily enough a trance affair called Lullaby with my house remix on the flip side. I also have a track called Wake Up which i have just recived a contract for from Dirty Blue Records formerly Minimal Records and another remix called Lac Of Dub which is still in the works for a label owned by Rowan Blades called RockSteady Records (i think!!!), so if you want to listen to my stuff you can buy it when its released, but it wont be on no comilations, mabe mixed in a live set by a house dj tho. I have also had a trance release on a sh1tty local label which was a compilation. So there you have it i have been on a compilation for a trance track ive made. As for making it, i personally used find it a piece of p1ss to knock a trance tune together and if you want you can look for my old user name on here if it still exsists and have a listen to what type of trance i made, if you really want i'll upload some of my old tracks i still have them around somewhere.

Please do not make false acusations against me as i am not someone who would directly say trance is rubbish ect.. i understand that people have there own tastes and that is fine, to insult a genre of music just because your not into it isnt exacly fair is it, all i do is give my opinion about the music i like and it is just my opinion after all.

As said in my 1st post im not trying to offend anyone Just my opinion nothing more nothing less, i dont know you from adam, vice versa, so no harm intended. ok!?!  

BeetleBug formerly BUG and Fusion

Message 58/65                 Date: 11-Feb-04  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Paulbug61

Here check out my tracks im logged in now!!!! no trance on this user name tho!!

Im gonna have a look to see if i can get my old Fusion password back tho just to see what stuff is still on there, if its still alive!!!! which i doubt.

To be honest i need to update my tracks on DT and user details but im on dial up until the end of the month when im looking to get on a 512k/1 meg connection. Until then i cant upload any of my new mixes as it would take ages.

Beetle

Message 59/65                 Date: 11-Feb-04  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

Broken Silence

Thanks beetle   Intelligently made point---

Blu wasnt talking to you tho, he was talking to that Fist cvnt ................eehhehehehe fist cvnt heeheeheeehhh

anyhow, fist you're a whiney little bitch. how i'd love to hit you  

i love it...people trying to preech to me to stop listening to the kind of music I love...thats great.

it's fuc-ed that you think you have the right to walk around and tell people that their music/dedication sucks and is trash.

especially when you're talking to someone....like me. I live in washington dc. 99% of the people here dont know what "trance" is.

And I'm not exaggerating.

i've never met one person in my lifetime in the flesh who listens to trance. i discovered it with a friend in germany, brought a compilation home here. this was when i was playing the guitar and piano---somewhat the drums. i listened to...well everything. then i liked trance..there was something in it that i couldn't get away from. its emotion was undescribeable compared to anything i had ever heard.

guess what. it still is. and it hasn't toned down one bit. actually- if you knew your ass from a hole in the ground you f-cking idiot you would know that the exact style you mention is no where near what trance is now...and frankly what trance has been for the past 3 years. listen to some gabriel and dresden, then go back to your little underground music and see how that sits with you.

the new trance style isn't my bag, but if you're gonna slam trance, please at least be able to say that you've heard it before, as you haven't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i can't stand people who argue things that they don't know two shits about.

Message 60/65                 Date: 11-Feb-04  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: bask in this my minions!

k

Link?:  Link

welcome back Beetle - nice to see you got some stuff out - like to hear it if you can post it!

I know what you mean, some people find trance to 'square' rhythmicaly, i personaly like trance fr other reasons, but good tribal grooves are still good even if they dont swing much.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 65 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum