0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: No Smoking?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 28-Nov-02  @  06:38 PM   -   No Smoking?

Zazza

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Apparently, on the Brighton to London line, where the trains are 'NON-SMOKING', the commuters have taken over a carriage and smoke al lthe way from Brighton to London.

This has been going on for a couple of years, and apparently if the guards try to tell them to stop smoking they just get told to fuck off..

heh

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/67                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

cheddar

Link?:  Link

So i said before "am i getting old or is this all repeating"

I said before "look at the benefit / gain and work back to find out who and why"

I said before "i hate learning and i love that the same things keep amazing me again and again"

I say now, we are spoiled pleasure seekers who know how to get to the second hand

Handle the moment babies, it's all there can ever be (said that before as well )

Smoking in public? I see your face not smiling and the changes because you are thinking and if they are ugly then you are thinking ugly or remembering ugly and i see it all, except when the smoke obscures your face

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/67                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

xoxos

Link?: Link

gatwick!

Message 53/67                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

Mindspawn

Is a long ride from Heathrow...

Message 54/67                 Date: 13-Dec-02  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

monotuni

i'm refraining real hard on this one  

Message 55/67                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

99devils

It shouldn't be the dominion of the government to tell a business owner what can and can't be done in his business. If the owner wants to allow smoking, then people like Influx and Errata will naturally gravitate away from those businesses. If enough people think the way they do, then those businesses will fail. Doesn't anybody believe in Darwinism any more? ;)

If you don't want to be in a smoky place then don't go to smokey places. Don't infringe on others by banning smoking everywhere - that's just as opressive as allowing smoking everywhere, just in reverse.

-Craig

Message 56/67                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: No Smoking?

influx

"If you don't want to be in a smoky place then don't go to smokey places. Don't infringe on others by banning smoking everywhere - that's just as opressive as allowing smoking everywhere, just in reverse."

but craig...sorry, I have to disagree with you here...in "public" spaces (even privatepublic) it is the smokers who make it unpleasant for non smokers

Personally I would love to see better ventilated places, is all. I can totally deal with some smoke...but when it gets to where i literally feel ill and my eyes are burning...thats just BAD.

I dont want the govt regulating it, though, but...for the sake of "cant we all get along" smokers should be more considerate

hell...lets talk about LITTERING and how fucking disgusted I am by what I see every single day (INCLUDING asshole smokers who just flick their butts out the WINDOW?!?!!?!?)

Message 57/67                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  04:55 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

V

Why, me kitty just littered...she should be binned

Message 58/67                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

cheddar

Link?:  Link

how about smoke polltion and sound polltion guys, here it comes, you ready to stay on the fence?

to many people, too many lawyers and to much time

and while we are poking sticks at old embers in roaring fireplaces remembered.

The signature. A written description of you. This could also be arrived at if you group and tabulate what you spend your money on or time doing - still a unique descriptor of you. How does it change? What if we extend to a community, society. CAn we compare (geographically / chronologicaly different groups, say by analysing what m2 of retail outlets are selling what products, or how tax revenues are spent on which type of activity. Appologies to pro sociologists if this has already been explored but if not then we can compare and track social evolution.

By the way - I don't believe in this for a second - anyone who knows anythings about statistics can tell you about results being suited to the analysis method used in the data treatment, but maybe for you and me we can take the view of how we write and how others will read us

Message 59/67                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

espoo2

the shit just stinks.
I don't wanna smell it.
Just like I don't want people passing gas around me.

Same thing.
Just common courtesy folks. Has nothing to do with environment or health.

Message 60/67                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: No Smoking?

influx

great cheddar...yet again another clear, concise argument.

jesus man...how much effort do you put into being obtuse?

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 67 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum