0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: High Time

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  07:11 PM   -   High Time

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Anybody here get Time magazine? If not, you need to go to a newsstand and pick one up. You'll know which issue I mean... the one with the pack of joints on the cover.

Great multi-article snapshot on the state of marijuana in America today. Very honest and very very good for the movement. Seeing stuff like this in a conservative mag like Time gives me hope for America.

Anyways, lots of good stuff here, check it out...

psylichon

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: High Time

influx

Link?: Link

"Anyhow, I don't think legalization is the answer. It may make says financially, but in the grand scheme of things, do we need another drug in our society like alcohol? With all of the problems that come along with it? I don't think so."

look, Darin. drugs are here to stay, regardless of their legality. The L.A.W. does not make the SLIGHTEST dent in drug use! The fact that they are illegal has NO EFFECT whatsoever. I can score pretty much anything I want, regardless

so the legalization thing..it has only to do with the fact that the govt is legislating morality, and that is unacceptable

making things legal would NOT have caused your doper friends to be worse dopers, nor would it cause non-dopers to become!

it is frustrating to talk to you about this because you really do seem to think that "illegality" is a genuine form of deterrrnce.

Im sorry but this is not the case, except in maybe the smallest numbers!

the drugs are already there. changing the laws would not make them appear. what it would do is put some bad people out of business, and get some GOOD people out of TROUBLE!

oh..and those fucking propaganda commercials, 99D..."drug money supports bad things"

FUCKING TAX MONEY SUPPORTS BAD THINGS

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: High Time

xoxos

let me put it like this: i is a big smatr boy and i no need blig bborther to protectering me.

see, that's what it is.

i can take care of myself. if you try and put your arm around me again, you're going to be wearing it.

if anyhting, criminalisaiton is a stimulus to use it hint hint.

Message 53/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: High Time

milan

"And I'm willing to bet most people don't start drinking beer for the flavor. I know I didn't"

well you oughta move to europe where we have decent beer, innit  

(not to mention legal weed...hehe)

(or free bicycles for use around towns even!)

Message 54/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: High Time

Def Z

Link?:  No link

Well, you guys raise some interesting points that I hadn't thought of. I'll have to think on those.

Message 55/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: High Time

psylichon

nice

Message 56/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: High Time

influx

you serious? or being sarcastic again? 

Message 57/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: High Time

damballah

sumpin I'm curious about is there's certain aspects of some music that play to the altered state that I didn't get until I heard it buzzed, and while I hardly indulge at all these days, I can still spot and utilize those sorts of things because once you've been there it's part of your perception. so how do you approach mindfuck music if you've never tapped into that state of consciousness?

Message 58/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: High Time

influx

or if you dont anymore?

thats what I fell in love with about electronic music in the first place..the "mindfuck" aspect (or mindmakelove maybe cuz its often quite pleasant )...

and...I think thats whats missing from my stuff...and I dont do drugs anymore...

hmmm

Message 59/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: High Time

psylichon

all you have to do is remember. not remember like, "man, I was really fucked up for those years" but remember what kind of person it made you, and how it really feels to have your perceptions altered. It wouldn't hurt to find and take a toke every now and then and reflect.

I wouldn't be who I am or doing the music I do if it weren't for pot and hallucinogenics. Hell, I'd still be writing newage soundtrack music (nothing wrong with that, but it's hard to get yer friends excited about your latest mix if you know what I mean).

I sure hope I don't smoke as much as I do for the rest of my life, but I'm sure if someone hands me a spliff when I'm 80, I'll be takin' it. I'm young, and I'm enjoying every experience, high or not (though usually high), and it's doing great things for me.

There are too many negative stereotypes of stoners. Like any generalization, those things are probably true to some degree, but there are MANY successful and brilliantly creative stoners out there. I mean the list for the arts alone would fill a set of encyclopedias. For some people, pot is a really wonderful stimulant, not an apathy-inducing toxicant. For others, it just doesn't work with their life or personality. People need to choose the path that fits them the best, you know?

Man, I was a dickhead before I started smoking, and now that I smoke (not trying to be an egofreak here) everyone likes me as far as I can tell. People have told me how much nicer I became when I started smoking. It always makes me laugh.

psylichon

Message 60/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: High Time

Def Z

Link?:  No link

Hey, I've NEVER said I'm always right. I stand where I stand based on my knowledge and experience. If I come unto new knowledge and new experience, I reasses my standpoint. I'll have to see if I can counter the points made up there.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 83 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum