0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  11:29 AM   -   Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

system85

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hello Dancetech-Community,
after the successful Track "Come to me"
you can download now the new Dance-
Remix of another famous Track by Romeo :

"dubdeedub (feat. Romeo)"

Now available at
mp3.de/system85

Best Regards,
bene

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/85                 Date: 28-Aug-01  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

influx the meanie

Link?:  No link

you said something about making "bombastic" comments. so there

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/85                 Date: 29-Aug-01  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

k

Link?: Link

yeah well ALL I can say to system85 is looking above at his HUGE tantrum 'flame' post, here's some advice -

ALWAYS show firmness of beleif in your project -

with some teasing & criticism you cracked and went beserk and spewed out tons of defensive shit - dont show weakness cos you always will get criticism from companies & listeners & media etc etc and if you rise to it, there is the end of any dialog betwen you and this company or office or magazine or radio station etc etc & in fact this will make them try to destroy you deliberately at any chance they have. But don't worry, we all are human and we all slip from time to time and 'rise to the bait' like a fish  

If you are cool it is like chatting about a film in the pub with people - mebbe they say they dont like the film you like, but you can with the right moves influence someone to listen again & mebbe go and see the film and agree it is ok, you can influence them to change their mind or too look again..... but if you crack and spew out like that, then they will laugh and show you the door and after it closes they say to each other: "he was some loser"

If you have a showdown with a fighter and he see's you screaming and frothing at the mouth and shouting "I will kill you.. I will rip off your fucking head!!" etc etc... it is NOT like WWF in real life, no... he just looks at you going beserk and says to himself: "Look at this guy going crazy, this guy is shit scared, he is terrified, he is beaten already"

you gotta be firmer than that mate - beleive or not, but make your mind up if you BELEIVE or not and if you DO, then DO NOT show any sign you do NOT beleive which you are showing because you show SO EASILY TO SEE that someones opinion, (WHO YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW).. someone not liking your work is effecting you DEEPLY... if you beleived, it would not effect you at all... you would laugh and say - "fair enuff"

what do you think you are fucking GOD and EVERYONE MUST like your music in the whole world??... they will not, in fact the majority will not.

That's how it is in companies... they will say your stuff is shite mebbe or say at first. "we dont like this or we dont want to sign this" etc, but you ask: "what can I do to make it better"?... you play this idiot like a violin because then he can give him an opportunity to talk about himself... he can tell you what HE thinks it needs, and then you are discussing your project, you have a dialog and by asking him to point out which things he does not like or BETTER, what he thinks is GOOD of it and to keep etc, he must listen to the track again to show you - so he must listen again and again... and then after some discussion you have a dialog, he remembers your name & face & you can call him up and go back again with a remix or a new project -

BUT if you scream and rant at him, he says: "fuck off and dont come back"..... and that is that, you NEVER will get in that door again...

mebbe worth a thought - what is a manager after all?... he is a guy who beleives he can sell you and make money out of your product and doesn't take 'no' for an answer.... if you can't handle criticism, get a manager and stay OUT of managing yourself and leave it to a professional - let a manager promote you instead.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 53/85                 Date: 29-Aug-01  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

k

just to add - did you ever stand playing your music in front of thousands of people who are booing?... I did, it happens sometimes... but you must play and finish the set & be professional... mebbe there is 5000 people booing & some flinging beer at the stage, but right at the back leaning against the bar having a beer is one record company guy from some polygram or warners subsiduary etc who calls you the next day... it happens.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 54/85                 Date: 29-Aug-01  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

system85

yes k you are right.....I really know
that this behaviour was very unprofessionally,
but after too many beers I had the urge to
react to the "war" some people wanted to have.
Especially because I cant defend as good as I would do it in german language I shouted out
this long message, hmmm it was wrong.
I have to react more relaxed,
and I´ve to be more carefully in what I say.

But I ll learn from this kind of accidents ;)

Thank you again for your comments!

cu ;)
bene

Message 55/85                 Date: 29-Aug-01  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

influx

Link?:  Link

VERY well said, kilo. not talkin about that it was directed at System85, but that is a GREAT way to go about it. If someone likes it, great. if they dont, maybe you can persuade them. if you cant, oh well

Message 56/85                 Date: 29-Aug-01  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

xoxos

if you're referring to me, i said "you want it? you got it." that's true anywhare, any time, with any one. didn't say anything about me wanting it.

i understand the language thing, but hey - i've spent years working with immigrants having to communicate with only a handful of words and a lot of gestures.. you have to be careful of what you think people are saying.

each time you come back, you've got a sting.. "well, yes kilo you are right but.." and then it's all about how you wanted to defend better.. so you have to ask what you are doing.. is your goal to fight, or to make progress on the pertinent subject? if it is the latter, then the best defense is a good offense, meaning the more you concern yourself with the proper subject, the less "strength" you give your detractors.

two opposing vectors go nowhere. move forwards.

...and please do, esp. if you are so "freaking" old. sometimes a touch of maturity and refinement is really refreshing in a dance track. i'd like to see you be successful.

Message 57/85                 Date: 30-Aug-01  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

k

"i've spent years working with immigrants having to communicate with only a handful of words and a lot of gestures" -- that'd odd... that's how my kid and his mates all communicate   ha ha ha

anyways Bene.... you should use the 'login' on the forums - then you can edit messages later after some coffee and a cold shower   - heh heh

anyways - England V Germany - Saturday... then you can have plenty of chance to take the piss when we loose.... again  

Message 58/85                 Date: 30-Aug-01  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

steve

we`ll have less of that talk around here young man. Wouldn`t it be sweet tho if England won, Ireland tonked the Dutch and then Scotland get humiliatingly thrashed 8-0 by whoever it is they`re playing on Saturday?

Message 59/85                 Date: 30-Aug-01  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

k

Germany have never been beaten at home tho so they say!   - let's face it, England will loose because psychologicaly they put too much on the game with Germany always... that is the kiss of death i reckon, you have to loose if you make it that important in your mind.

Message 60/85                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Romeo vs. system85 is BACK ;)

steve

nah, you bottler :P

Its only in WC qualifiers they`ve never been beaten, I remember Scotland walking out of Germany with all the points a couple of years back in a Euro qualifier so it can be done. With Effenberg still being a bitch and Scholl injured they`ve got little ability to play it through the middle which`ll mean lofting balls in where you`ve got Rio/Sol/Keown, none too clever indeedy. And conversely with Jeremies still out, it`ll be much easier for England to thread the balls into Owen and Heskeys feet.

England have got no injuries, and Germany are missing their best bar Kahn so its our best chance for a long time of getting something from Germany. Not saying its gonna happen, but its there for the taking.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 85 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum