0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Beats

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Original Message                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  10:29 AM   -   Creating Beats

karibe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm wanting to know what do I really need to create some fat beats I have no hardware except for a computer with alot of memory. What all do I need to get started and how much would it cost.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/115                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

georgeofdajungle

I agree Wai, "Jungle" is a lame term these days, but what do I call myself then, "George of the drum n' bass?!?!?!"

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/115                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

So, nobody here would describe themselves as a junglist, then?...........

Message 53/115                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

wai

You could call yourself George Drummond Bass,and i'll get it patented for ya

Message 54/115                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

I don't think it makes a hell of a difference what you call it. Say Jungle, say Drum 'n' Bass. When I call it Jungle, my friends all think I play gourds or something. I say Drum 'n' Bass and they ask me if I can somehow play both at once. I'd rather drop the two lame ass names and call it somethin like BadmuthaFuk 'n' breaks.

Message 55/115                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

nobody

Link?:  Link

i try not to call anything anything. by avoidance of terms to describe sounds i create happy feelings for myself & others ask me what type of music it is i'm doing...i smile, i look at them & smile. oh dear, i seem to have misplaced my

Message 56/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  04:33 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

sox

Link?: Link

I call our music "Jazz" because a lot of it is improvised around the sequences. Once upon a time jazz was "the" dance music. As a matter of fact, the first time I heard jungle I drew a comparison to Be-Bop with computers.
Check an album called 'Drum 'n Bass n' Guitar' by a guy named Derek Bailey (very well known spontaneous jazz guitarist) to see what I mean.

Message 57/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Olla

Speed on this

Message 58/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

Link?: Link

Olla, what's a splinter?

Oh and here's a question that I'd really like some specific answers for. I've asked this before but wasn't able to give an example. Please click on this link and tell me if you have any ideas how I can make my drum loops roll like this one. I'm always striving for it but seldom hit the nail on the head like this loop does. I guess dynamics is important but HOW with dynamics? Perhaps you have trouble too?

Message 59/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

Fresh - thats an Amen loop, with a "Think" loop interlinked at certain points - that not what u mean?

Message 60/115                 Date: 23-Nov-99  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

Hey you know the inner workings of the loop! Now...can you talk in laymans terms? What's 'Amen' and 'Think'? I gotta ask where you get these terms. Is there a Drum'n'Bass glossary I don't know about? Now I'm really curious and I'm gonna sit here all night waiting for a reply cuz this simple loop has me hooked...

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

There are 115 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum