0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: punchy kick drums

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 29-Nov-00  @  03:16 PM   -   punchy kick drums

bassbrap

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

how do i make my kick drums sound better? i have been trying everything: eq, hp filter, compression, adding transient waves in tune with the bassline.... no matter how hard i try, my kicks sound all muddy in the mix, i cannot get that good "thud", nor can i get the kick to blend well with the bass. i usually use 909 samples or other 909-type kicks running out of my ASR-10.

thanks

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/59                 Date: 16-Jan-01  @  04:38 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

influx

Link?:  Link

leave it to R-tek to bring up an old thread

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/59                 Date: 16-Jan-01  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

r-tek

Ahhhh, but I didn`t did I?Damn fool, must be all that sun rotting your brain :P

Message 53/59                 Date: 16-Jan-01  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

influx

woops.

sun? its been raining for over a week. just cleared up today

must be a lack of drugs rotting my brain

Message 54/59                 Date: 16-Jan-01  @  09:50 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

r-tek

more likey old age.Ooohhh poor old you - a *whole week* eh? Try 10.5 months of the year of it, then you`ll see why Brit music sounds like that.

Message 55/59                 Date: 17-Jan-01  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

influx

does it really rain that much? jeez.

see...here, when it rains, Im glad because that means it is snowing in the mountains usually. there..its just wet.

shit. no wonder I cant write dark music. its just to nice here. need a gloomy place. lookout seattle

wow..never thought of that...has anyone ever seen/read any sort of study as to WHY certain types of music comes from certain areas? even modern stuff? how come theres no dope jungle in..say..portland? or...how come british hip hop sucks?  how did Florida become the center of the death metal scene in the 80s and 90s? The West coast and funky breaks?

wow!!! new thread time. see ya at the main page

Message 56/59                 Date: 17-Jan-01  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

casparproject

toronto's pretty dreary this time of year, it's winter 7 months of the year

Message 57/59                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

k

i remember reading a front 242 or whatever they are called interview where they made a kik with 42 layered sounds !!! :P

Message 58/59                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  05:17 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

influx

glad I sparked some interest

Message 59/59                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

r-tek

I was ever-so-slightly over exaggerating about the rain - the western half of the isles gets all the rain and we get less than Tel Aviv or Rome believe it or not ..........still get the perpetual grey skies tho   Musics environmental and sometimes cultural methinks. Mebbe I`ll speak some more when I can be arsed ...which isn`t now.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 59 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum