0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: High Time

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  07:11 PM   -   High Time

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Anybody here get Time magazine? If not, you need to go to a newsstand and pick one up. You'll know which issue I mean... the one with the pack of joints on the cover.

Great multi-article snapshot on the state of marijuana in America today. Very honest and very very good for the movement. Seeing stuff like this in a conservative mag like Time gives me hope for America.

Anyways, lots of good stuff here, check it out...

psylichon

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: High Time

influx

Link?: Link

Darin...not sure where I implied that youre a "programmed pussy" but I didnt mean to..

but...yes, I do believe that marijuana is harmless when used in moderation

period. I mean, sure..inhaling smoke aint good for you, and flooding your brain with foreign chemicals aint good either...

but again...the fact of the matter is that it is illegal when it should not be. Moral regulation is not something that falls under legal boundaries.

like I said...smoke one and get caught drivin..Im all good with there being penalties for that (altho I have to admit I have beef with the kind of hell someone is put through for DUI here in california)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  06:20 AM     Edit: 04-Nov-02  |  06:34 AM   -   RE: High Time

psylichon

just me, but....

The only time I drove un-high in the past 5 years (happened recently... dry spell in Philly), I got into a fender bender (I was actually going to get more pot). It was my fault. I'm not doing that shit again.

True story, but again, just me...

psylichon

Message 43/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: High Time

cheddar

Take life in moderation... ha ha ha

stop doing that cos your enjoying it too much

"I am not going to take that till I know whats in it and the country of origin."

in the personal development cycle what happens after 'that' rock and roll stage..?

hahahahahaha

glug glug glug ackk! arghh, thump...

Message 44/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: High Time

xoxos

you're after personal development? wrong club, mate.

Message 45/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: High Time

cheddar

just 1 year xoxos

Message 46/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: High Time

Def Z

Link?:  No link

It seems pretty strange to me that in order for me to understand that the legalize pot campaign is more than just getting high, I need to smoke up. Not a particulartly strong platform, is it.

When my wife was in grad school, she had to write a big paper about drugs. One of the arguments was what Mindspawn talked about, "decriminalization". While I'm not sure that will do any good, either, I really don't like the idea of going from one extreme (the war on drugs where it is OBVIOUSLY a disgusting failure) to the other extreme, where it's completely legalized. I'm not sure what's in the middle, but not something I'm willing to dedicate my life to figuring out.

The problems I've experienced with drugs are things I've seen with MY OWN EYES. Having gotten high (or in this case, not) does in no way invalidate my experience. It's from my OWN EXPERIENCE, that I don't want drugs legalized. One could very easily make the argument that alcohol is a "drug", and I won't debate that. In spite of all the laws, and all the efforst, it is one of the biggest industries in the world, and one that costs the most (in terms of human capital and monetary). If alcohol were to come along outside of the mainstream like drugs, then it too, would probably be illegal.

But there is a difference in that one can have a drink and not get drunk. I do it once or twice a week. I have NEVER seen anyone smoke dope without wanting to get high. Suggesting that I should drink a coke is just off the point. If I wanted a coke, I would drink it. If I want something that tastes like beer, I have a beer. There's no 'get drunk' vs. 'not get drunk'. If I want to get drunk, I have 2 beers. ;-)

Anyhow, I don't think legalization is the answer. It may make says financially, but in the grand scheme of things, do we need another drug in our society like alcohol? With all of the problems that come along with it? I don't think so.

Message 47/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: High Time

bedwyr

can we have another drug in our society that's like alcohol but with no hangover? please?

Message 48/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: High Time

Zazza

Link?:  No link

Nitrous Oxide?

Message 49/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: High Time

psylichon

man, it's getting hard not to roll my eyes. you're not even listening to me.

I'll repeat, it's about the RIGHT to get high, not just getting high. You're missing this point. I'm not advocating switching to the "extreme" of total legalization. I'm talking about regulated decrim here... taxes and guidelines and special stores or whatever it takes to keep people out of jail for smoking this stuff.

And I'm glad you have a handle on your alcohol consumption. I like to think I have a handle on my pot consumption, too. But socially, I'm wrong and you're right. That's not cool.

And I'm willing to bet most people don't start drinking beer for the flavor. I know I didn't.

"but in the grand scheme of things, do we need another drug in our society like alcohol?"... man, the stuff is already IN our society, and it's getting MORE and MORE prevelant. It's already a mainstream issue when it's on the cover of Time magazine. More people are smoking every year. The laws aren't stopping that, they're just making criminals of your friends and neighbors.

THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG.

psylichon

Message 50/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: High Time

99devils

Darin. You don't have to get high. Simply take ahistory class. America, 1930s. Prohibition. Alcohol trade, and the money behind it, fueld the most widespread criminal syndicate up to that time. They murdered innnocent people, judges, cops..

Fast forward to 2002. I can't recall Miller Brewing or Annheiser-Busch being responsible for putting hits out on judges, or being responsible for shootouts in the streets.

Anyone seen that latest anti-drug campaign ad on TV? The one with the girl who bought the dimebag, and the other girl who was paralyzed by a stray bullet? The point they try to make is that the girl buying the dimebag finances the activities that caused the other girl to be paralyzed. Well if that chick could've gone to the 7-11 and bought a bag, the other chick would be walking around today.

If you can't follow this reasoning, you're either in denial or just plain blind. Prohibition causes the criminal element to take over trade in goods the government won't allow us to have. It happened with liquor, it's happening with drugs. A + B = C.

-Craig

PS - take a poll of high school kids. Ask if it'd be easier for them to buy a dime of weed or a case of beer. You might be surprised at the response.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 83 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum