0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 02-Oct-02  @  08:39 PM   -   Would YOU sell a track to POP?

errata

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

So I'm doin' little today, and thought I'd stir the pot!

Screw politics, religion and other coffee house banter... Here's one to really get your feet muddy.

Would you sell a track to Britney, Christina N'Sync et al... ???

Come on kids, fess up. $50,000 for a 5 minute fluff number filled with "Philly Hits" and one note bass lines...

e

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/73                 Date: 13-Oct-02  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

damballah

Link?: Link

would you pay to pop a pop star's pimples?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/73                 Date: 13-Oct-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

psylichon

Or pay to pop poppies with a pop star or perhaps his pop?

Message 43/73                 Date: 13-Oct-02  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

Paullyboy8440

Pop People park pink pimple parkers, Paul

Message 44/73                 Date: 14-Oct-02  @  12:56 AM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

damballah

pay a pretty penny to ponder pink's pudenda?

Message 45/73                 Date: 14-Oct-02  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

Zazza

hahahaha  

Message 46/73                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

ctmc

Techno IS the new punk rock, but man, It'd be hard to say no to Kylie Minogue on an electro-clash track.

Dave Clarke feat. Kylie Minogue
watch for it!

Message 47/73                 Date: 29-Oct-02  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

Hydrobilly

alliteration is funny.

But seriously, 50k worth of gear is alot of gear. you could buy things like...the tb 303 that has a devilfishmod 2.1 on it that is selling on ebay right now for starting price 2200! oh the extravagence!

for real cash though???
one of my e-music profs does the music for the amazing race, and some other random tv shows and commercials. he is well off and all and all he does is music, but he COULD RETIRE right now at age 28 based on his projected royalties alone. he gets several hundred bucks everytime they play one of his commercials, which air on 5-10 of the various superflous cable networks, like Food TV and that kind of crap.
if you can make trite jingles, theres money for you!

Message 48/73                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

Hydrofonix

As much as I don't like pop, maybe not to go so deep as to not like the idea of it or any of that really making me think kinda stuff I have a couple of beats that I've made that could totally be a r&b track or trendy pop song...How would a broke college student go about selling or trying to sell a song to a pop producer or label or whatever?

Hydro

Message 49/73                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

paullyboy8440

Hmmmm 50k or remain underground... I wouldn't mind whipping up something for 50k. HAHA if they offered my 50k per track and can guarentee they would keep paying me 50k per track, i'd probably turn pop. Sure you have all these ppl who would say you sold out but sure you can be sitting there in your $2k chair laughing with your grands. I mean even if your favorite artist decided to go do pop, you still would support them, would you not? Every artist has this little something about them that you can link to their music. No matter what they make - they still have that flair.

Message 50/73                 Date: 30-Oct-02  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: Would YOU sell a track to POP?

influx

" I mean even if your favorite artist decided to go do pop, you still would support them, would you not?"

nope

and..mind if I ask why you need a $2000 chair? And mind if I ask why you think that is some sort of validation?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 73 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum