0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-02  @  11:49 PM   -   Roland - emulate or innovate?

panama

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ever since the Super Saw was created with the JP-800 - dance music has changed... Ever since the Grooveboxes were created... It's now a household name.

is Roland still the innovater?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

k

Link?:  Link

why?... British we call ourselves 'Brits' - Nippon-ese are 'Nips' - it's just short for Nippon.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

knowa

kilo you ignorant bastard; it's "persons of british descent" ;p

actually "nips" is considered offensive in the US, I think b/c it was common during WWII when they were rather unpopular here. so is "japs", not to be confused with "JAPS", the acronym, which is also officially "offensive" though rather useful in the NY area.

Message 43/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

99devils

Link?: Link

Yes, in our PC universe both "jap" and "nip" are considered offensive.

Message 44/73                 Date: 17-May-02  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

steve

there used to be this chippy in tintown where the girl behind the counter would ask you if you wanted your chips 'open or wap?'.

You have no idea how funny it was to say 'wap please' when you were drunk.

fuckit, sitars taken my hat.

Message 45/73                 Date: 17-May-02  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

k

lol!... fuck i dunno, it's difficult cos the local guy in the corner shop is always telling me to get a nice 'Paki' girlfreind... and refer's to all his bredren as 'Paki's'... he's quite sweet & makes me laff cos he's ruffty-tuffty teenager and always in fights and generaly machoman with a huge much-older brother who shouts at him alot, so round the shop and his peers he's cock of the walk, then he'll sorta walk up the road with me away from the shop engrossing me in some banal conversation about (usualy) Kung-Fu movies, and after we're a few hundred yards up the road he'll say in this hushed, totaly innocent genuine voice: "so when such and such happens to a girl in such and such a place... what does it mean?" - and other such 'sexual advice' delicacies... makes me fuckin chuckle anyway... lol!.. he's got a good heart... its this peer pressure tho, they have to front everyone in the manor out of course, and yet he's so innocently brought up...

anyways.. i dunno the connotations of names... Nip's, Argies, Scot's... but some names work with an 's' and other don't, that's the thing... you can't say for brazilians... Bra's ! - ?? - 'Those fucking Crazy Brazilians', yes!!!.. it perfectly describes Brazilians !!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 46/73                 Date: 17-May-02  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

influx

dunno...people need to lighten up and focus intention on the CONTENT or intent behind a term

I call asians charlie sometimes. Anyone wanna jump on me for that one? seems reasonable

Message 47/73                 Date: 17-May-02  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Def Z

The thing that gets me, is the same people who are usually up in arms about Japs, Nips, etc, are the ones laughing at red-neck jokes, or saying how much I hate "such-and-such" (fill with any political or non-oppressed group). Rich people, republicans, liberals, etc. Just listen to yourselves once in a while and you'll pick up on it.

Oh, you'll say, it's okay to make fun of rich people because...

Oh, it's okay, they're just rednecks.

Oh, it's okay, they're just Jewish.

See? One of those statements doesn't sound right. But what's the difference?

Message 48/73                 Date: 17-May-02  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

bedwyr

the welsh are all a bunch of sheep shaggers, it's always raining, we only talk welsh the instant you walk in the pub, we all live in valleys and we're crap at rugby.

no, hold on, let me think about that last one again ...

Message 49/73                 Date: 17-May-02  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

k

true... it IS always raining!! (and they're crap at rugby)

Message 50/73                 Date: 17-May-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

realtrance

I hereby resign my temporarily instated authority as Prejudice Police in the Dancetech Forum.

I just live by the motto, "commit random acts of unpleasantness."

I like to make people uncomfortable every now and then, when they're sliding into the all-too-easy-to-say slurs.

It's one thing to make an occasional joke with seeming-prejudicial overtones, when it's clear you're just playing around. It's another thing to throw a slur as part of an at least semi-serious discussion.

Okay, taking purple and yellow uniform off.... have fun!

rt

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 73 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum