0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 02-May-02  @  05:27 PM   -   Supernova2 V2 Software?

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Wasnt there supposed to a new operating system for the Supernova II , version 2.0 ? I think it was due out yesterday?
Anyone heard anything?
Cheers

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitarsong

Link?: Link

I likey. I guess artsi comes out of it too.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

There's a demo at Emagic's site...

Message 43/57                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

gb

Link?:  Link

Sure, but talk me into it, please ?

Message 44/57                 Date: 17-May-02  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

gb,

Where do I begin? As John Lennon once said 'Imagine there's no heaven...'.

Er, OK, it's a librarian/editor covering hundreds of synths including three of mine. The librarian allows you to store, sort, organise and restore your patches and you can store stuff together by project/song. I guess you can do this in a sequencer but it's more friendly and convenient especially with multiple synths.

The Bank manager (ha ha) presents the contents of the Banks of your machine and you can copy, move, delete and restore patches at will.

The editors present your patch parameters together on one screen instead of hidden one at a time in the depths of a a myriad of small LCD menus. Again it's horses for courses but I speak for myself when I say I like it - beats crawling on all fours to tweak my JV2080 and E5000 into life.

For Logic Audio owners you can import the current contents of your banks at all times whilst the programs are running together.

The SN adaptations are, of course, as super-fantastic as I could possibly make them :-)

Take a Dive! Well, if you want.

M

Message 45/57                 Date: 17-May-02  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

sitar

That reminds me. Make sure you don't have the volume cranked up on your monitors when you open SD. That diving sound sent me through the roof on more than one occasion. Another advantage of SD is that you can save all of the presets on your synth as backup to reload all or one at a time anytime. It's easier to manipulate patches in SD on your computer monitor than on a Rompler with all the layers of info on a little LED. Even finding a patch is easier than scrolling through the rompler presets. I honestly don't use it much anymore but should start again.

Message 46/57                 Date: 18-May-02  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

Purusha

SD definitely makes moving patches around within a device much easier!

I've only used it on a mate's machine though (and on the freebie which came with my virus b) - I might have to invest in the complete version myself at some point.

Only downside I saw was that it doesn't seem to be very quick off the mark with new OS sysex changes.

Also seems that some manufacturers (Emu for example) haven't implemented a full sysex for all their parameters, so sound-diver can't do a complete implementation. I'm hoping that e-mu sort out the RFX32 on this issue, since the Ultras are screaming for a full windows based GUI IMO.

Purusha

Message 47/57                 Date: 18-May-02  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

M

Purusha,

There are two concepts for synth support in SD.

One is a module like the JV2080 and Emu Ultra series. These are custom programs and are programmed by Emagic staff or paid freelance programmers.

Adaptations are programmed from a universal template by enthusiastic synthesizers-owners, such as myself, who make the effort and put in the time for free to provide continued support for companies like Novation within SD for the benefit of communities like this one.

In the case of the Ultra modules I believe Emagic have been waiting for Emu to provide them with Sysex documentation for years since the release of OS 4, let alone the RFX. Or, as you say, the Sysex implementation is not there. That may be being rectified.

In the case of adaptations it's down to when people such as myself find the spare time to update the adaptations. In my case I'm working on OS2 already.

These are some of the reasons why sometimes things are not very "quick off the mark" :-)

Regards

M

Message 48/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  05:17 PM   -   Te Koop : ACCESS VIRUS B

m.g.boerma

Te Koop : Access Virus B
Alleen thuis gebruikt, z.g.a.n.

Prijs : 1300 EURO

Message 49/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

blacktrax

Are synths that expensive in the Netherlands ??
You can buy a new Virus B here in Germany for 1280 €...

Message 50/57                 Date: 23-May-02  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Supernova2 v.2 Software?

k

heh heh

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum