0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  02:14 PM   -   Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

K

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

right, due to people adding the WRONG FORMAT files they wouldnt play when we went to judge the contest -

so you have one week to change these files to a file with a proper format capable of being played on pro audio soundcards (22k mono, NOT 11k or some other wierd 'in-between' format)

we've shortlisted a bunch of tracks but we couldnt do it all cos quite a few tracks would not play on the monitor system due to this problem.

you have ONE WEEK - to replace these files with a new proper version - next weekend we will decide the final winners and any tracks not changed & playable by that date will be excluded from the contest.

the format is 22k mono playback.... pro soundcards do NOT playback at 11k or 16k etc...

22K is the ONLY LO FI freq rate supported by pro audio card which is being used for driving the monitor system... 11k only plays on the lo-end soundcard windows audio mapper codec & not via the main audio rack outs connected to the monitoring system.

THAT IS WHY we specifuy 22k mono cos it'll play on ALL MODEMS AND ALL MONITOR SYSTEMS.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/50                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

Link?:  Link

ok fuckface youre not angry

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/50                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

Link?: Link

i know. you're the one that's angry.

well it's only fair, isn't it  

Message 43/50                 Date: 02-Feb-02  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitar

Milan, that's funny cuz I grew up in a town called Babylon...on Long Island, New York. It's on the south shore of Long Island about midway out.

Message 44/50                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

..and 'electric city' is located in WA..

Message 45/50                 Date: 03-Feb-02  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

milan

you see, i DO know what i´m talking about  

Message 46/50                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Pongoid

competition? what all this then? folks putting up trax to see who can make the "best"? I don't understand.

Ape

Message 47/50                 Date: 04-Feb-02  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

xoxos

front door, music page.

Message 48/50                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

acid circus

we'd like to enter the competition if it's not to late. there's only 3 tracks up so those would be the ones. tweak, abstract3, hardass. i'm not sure how to leave my nomination tracks as stated in the instructions. do you want me to attach the link? also reason would be the way to go for us please. also when we exported the tracks from fruityloops, it doesn't give you the option to go any lower than a 32K bitrate. the files are all still under 1.5 mb but if there's a problem please let me know and we'll try and rip them some other way. thanks silegnav@hotmail.com

Message 49/50                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  05:35 AM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

silegnav

hey i'm having problems finding an encoder that does EXACTLY 22kbps. musicmatch only does either 20 or 24, jukebox doesn't come close, and fruityloops and CDEX only do 32. so what's the deal yo. help a brotha out.

Message 50/50                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

24kbps, 22khz, mono

That's a good combination.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 50 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum