0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Beats

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Original Message                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  10:29 AM   -   Creating Beats

karibe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm wanting to know what do I really need to create some fat beats I have no hardware except for a computer with alot of memory. What all do I need to get started and how much would it cost.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/115                 Date: 20-Nov-99  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

Great mixing seminar R-Tek (Sorry about your head pain). I think the only problem I'll have, as you already indicated, is not having a cross fader. Looking into this. Damn credit card is going to be the end of me. I have enough mixing gear that I can pre monitor stuff though. Despite approaching this in a 'different' way, it seems that my end result will be similar. In principle it sounds easy but I know that it will require some practice. First I'm going to compile the music and figure out the technical hurdles so I can just sit back and get the hang of it. I checked out the D'n'B Arena - Listen link. Way cool. The albums "Blazin LP","Hostage", and "Both Worlds" sound awesome. I'll be going there all the time now...Hey, what the...I'm mixing other peoples stuff into my own music now! Last week I was just telling you how I...Never mind. One more question for now: How long would an amatuer DJ take the floor for? Yeah, maybe this is a question that can't really be answered acurately but I have a disk space limitation. I think 50 minutes or less wouldn't kill me. Please don't say two hours. If I have to buy bigger drives then it would be cheaper just to get the tables.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/115                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

wai

God, nice one R-Tek. I'd do one for you aswell Fresh, but i have trouble in expressing myself, i know what to do , but explaining to someone!!!to me it's like sitting an exam. Anyway you don't wanna bother with anything but Technics. because it's nearly impossible to get a good mix on them fuckers, and they blow up while the Technics keep on going. When your cueing a record, the Technic's reach the pitch almost instant, whereas the cheaper ones take about 5 hours to get there, you can use your fingers to speed it up but then them fuckers go way too fast. Then you slow it down, but them fuckers are too sensitive. Not like the Technics. Dunno about the new digital deks tho, their more expensive than the Teks aren't they?

Message 43/115                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

georgeofdajungle

I am George of the Jungle!! Who wants to talk Jungle?

Message 44/115                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

nobody

Link?:  Link

i like math

music is good, especially d+b type

kill whitey

Message 45/115                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  08:19 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

`nics r far from the best dex around now. The Vestax dex have a faster startup time, more stable tonearm and a reliable pitchshifter with a quartzlock that operates throughout the pitchrange, likewise the new Numark dex. That said, I`d always advise 2 get `nics cos they last 4ever and never let u down. I started out on Soundlab dex and all I can say is DONT DO IT! Well, maybe if you`re desperate but they really r shit.

Message 46/115                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

nobody

Link?:  Link

.....but....the best dj mixer (two channel) is the rane ttm 54

Message 47/115                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

...yeah, but those Rane mixers cost a fortune..............I was reading about their new "NY Style" mixer the other day and its got no gain, no x-fader and no EQ!!! Its probably a great piece of kit an` that but I`d rather sacrifice a bit if sound quality in favour of somrthing more versatile..........

Message 48/115                 Date: 21-Nov-99  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

wai

Hey George, can you stop refering D+B as Jungle, Jungle's been dead a long time, remember DRUM AND BASS!!!! I should know cus i'm Tarzan- the King of the Jungle and died, reincarnated into something to do with super sharp beats and ruff nek b-lines

Message 49/115                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

....don`t matter what u call it Wai, its only technically different.......don`t forget the phrase "Drum and Bass", even though it had been around 4 a long time, only became popularised when it became trendy; and the people who`d previously slated "Jungle" could save face by using another term.....

Message 50/115                 Date: 22-Nov-99  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

What became of Drum n Space? Heard some great stuff on the radio last year then it kind of fizzled off.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

There are 115 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum