0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: punchy kick drums

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 29-Nov-00  @  03:16 PM   -   punchy kick drums

bassbrap

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

how do i make my kick drums sound better? i have been trying everything: eq, hp filter, compression, adding transient waves in tune with the bassline.... no matter how hard i try, my kicks sound all muddy in the mix, i cannot get that good "thud", nor can i get the kick to blend well with the bass. i usually use 909 samples or other 909-type kicks running out of my ASR-10.

thanks

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/59                 Date: 18-Dec-00  @  11:04 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

nobody

Link?:  Link

essentially what i was thinking

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/59                 Date: 19-Dec-00  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

k

check out those samples anyways and hear what emax sounds like for drums in terms of that rounded punchy 'present' midrange - i played 'em straight out of the emax outs into the pc to 44.1 wav - they are garage & rnb & drum & bass CLASSIC snares custom made!!...

Message 43/59                 Date: 19-Dec-00  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

r-tek

wasn`t pulaski selling one nobody?

Message 44/59                 Date: 19-Dec-00  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

pulaski

yeah...i'm selling one :-)

300 OBO.

email me at: john@caiweb.com if interested.

Message 45/59                 Date: 20-Dec-00  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

nobody

Link?:  Link

is it the rack?

i can't fit another keyboard  

the rack is two spaces right?

Message 46/59                 Date: 20-Dec-00  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

r-tek

3u.

Message 47/59                 Date: 20-Dec-00  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

pulaski

it's the KB :-(

which is kind of why i'm selling it. would love to have a rack. i have someone interested though. hopefully pans out...

Message 48/59                 Date: 15-Jan-01  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

phunkytek

is the emax II the same as the one sound wise?

Message 49/59                 Date: 15-Jan-01  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

r-tek

nope, 16 bit with digi filters.and I was wrong up there - the e4 is the emulator 4, the esi series kinda took over fomr where the emax2 left off.

Message 50/59                 Date: 16-Jan-01  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: punchy kick drums

casparproject

Link?: Link

just don't have it as your only
sampler. i owned one for about a
week, the rack. got it for 350, then
sold it for 400.

peaceout,

peter

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 59 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum