0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Hangovers

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 09-Apr-03  @  08:50 AM   -   Hangovers

Jock

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anyone know of any good hangover cures, preferably one that works FAST.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

i've heard many a bad thing about that but it's all mental..i take vivrin always when I drink just so I can stay up real late- it the equivilant of 2 cups of coffee in a pill.

it seems that mixed drinks are always the fuckers that get me too...esp the ones im not used to. Also, stay away from that citric acid + alcohol! I always end up drinking some fruity shit with vodka and it never is pretty the next mornin. But it's not like you care at 10 o'clock on a friday night...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  02:21 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Defector z

DON'T MIX RED BULL AND ALCOHOL. One shrinks your arteries (alcohol), the other speeds up your heart rate (Red Bull). Add the two together and you get a heart that is trying to pump more blood through a smaller tube. Guess what happens next...

Death.

Don't do it folks, bad news. Surf the net (look up ephedra), you'll see. It's just plain stupid. My brother does it - just not around me anymore. A couple of those drinks ended on the floor, a couple of fistfights ensued. I made my point.

Message 43/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Fhalyndon'gan

So back to the bitters and Guinness thing. Explain the technique used to combine these to fine liquids. Irish Car Bomb stylee, as a chaser?? Do tell.

Message 44/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

n3

As for red bull and vodka... not for people with heart difficulties. Most people wont die from it. Same thing with cocaine.

I'm with influx on the drink/water alternation. Once you get used to it its not that intolerable.

Message 45/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

n3

On a related topic, what's your guys' current drink of choice? I'm in the middle of a Skyy martini phase myself.

Message 46/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

start out with a pitcher of Guinness... then start drinking pitchers of Felinfoel. As the Bitters start to kickin your ass a bit, go back to the guinness and so on. Works for a damned tasty and mixed up evening of darts and bullshit.

right now, as ever my drink of choice single malt scotch... from the bottle, in the woods

e

Message 47/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  09:46 AM     Edit: 11-Apr-03  |  10:02 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Fhalyndon'gan

Drink of choice?

Many shots of Mescal (never eat the worm before noon) followed by at least twice as many Cape Cod Bloody Marys (never before sunrise and at least 45 minutes of sleep/Krystal Burgers following worm consumption).**

**Not to be attempted by nonprofessionals outside a closed course, those over the age of forty, or residents of the United States of Imperialism residing in ND, SD, NE, IA, WI, WY and especially MT (a fictitious place in which nobody really lives anyway)

Message 48/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Steve Roughley

Drinks of choice are:

Strong Continental Larger. I.e. Stella Artois, Carlsberg Export.

Jack Daniels and Coke.

I usually start on the larger then move to the JD. Never seem to get a bad hangover, or feel sick, so it works for me  

Steve.

Message 49/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

BlooVooDoo

Speaking of dangerous drinks- A bar manager mate of mine used to have something to do with that 'aftershock' shooter stuff when it first got released in the uk about 6 or 7 years back- he was telling me how they made it so that you could throw back six-eight shooters in a row without feeling the effects- it was designed to form a big sealed gloop alcohol ball which sat bobbing about on your stomach for up to an hour until you lashed a pint (of beer/water/whatever )down or it hit the walls of your stomach lining and burst, kiss your legs goodbye.

Apparently you can take a measure and pour it into a glass of water to show how it works, kinda like a big gloop of sitting oil in water.

Dunno if its still made the same way, probably been toned down in recent years, but apparently when it first came out into the bar industry it had a message on the back of the bottle stating that customers were to be served 6-8 shots absolute maximum over an evening, anything more was 'dangerous'.

Was also reading somewhere that the average life expecency of a russian is 5-10 years less than the rest of europeans because of there national pastime- any truth dya think?

spinback

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum