0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: That Mysterious Professional Sound

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 22-Aug-00  @  07:00 PM   -   That Mysterious Professional Sound

azazello

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am experimenting with making some drum & bass. I made some good standard loops, have good sounds, and I think, "Hey, this is pretty good." Then I listen to some tunes, such as anything by Ed Rush & Optical, DJ Trace, Nico, etc., and discover that my music sounds completely unprofessional! What gives it that "professional" sound? I realize that all songs are pretty unique, but they all have a polished sound in common. Is there anything specific I should be doing in the final mixdown or mastering phase? Any and all tips will be helpful.
Thanks!
Azazello

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 41/43                 Date: 08-Oct-00  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: That Mysterious Professional Sound

Hank Dank

How did my mix sound w/ your computer and what speakers were you using. I hope you turned up the treble and left the bass as is.

H

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 42/43                 Date: 09-Oct-00  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: That Mysterious Professional Sound

formant

Link?:  Link

sounded like a 22khz mix man... pretty crappy.

put up a 1 min 44.1 and i will re-download it and give you an opinion of how it sounds on my monitors.

jamey

Message 43/43                 Date: 11-Oct-00  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: That Mysterious Professional Sound

H

Your just mad cause I think Jesus is a guy not a god.It was mono too.I sure got alot of requests for my crappy mix.Besides I got an 88.2khz mix.And my scratch dj and that new yamaha workstation thingy comin w/ some real monitors.Fuck it i think I'll get some westlakes and some ns10s.Doesn't it suck when you can't put someones track in mp3 because you aint got no $450 program to do it.Pirates matey Pirates ARRRRRRR 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum