0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Hangovers

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 09-Apr-03  @  08:50 AM   -   Hangovers

Jock

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anyone know of any good hangover cures, preferably one that works FAST.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Zazza

Drink tons of water before you go to bed.. a hangover is just dehydration.. the brain cavity runs out of fluid.. bad news..

Course alcohol makes your brain physically shrink too.. 

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

cheddar

Link?:  Link

but my dads theory about it is that when you are drunk your brain is just bathing about in this lovely fluid and in the morning, when the fluid has all gone, your brain just rattles off the sides of your cranium.

Explains how hangover pain comes when you shake you head about

Message 33/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

see, I was being ignorant. Totaly get it now Fhalyndon'gan, I'm slow but I come around.

Cheddar, your Dad's closer than you think. The sack surrounding the brain looses fluid, and the brain does crash around in the head! true.

e

Message 34/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

HoofHarted

hay simple solution, when you colapse in the gutter or skip , when you wake up in the morning just roll ovr and have a lay in.

you aint been home all nite so ya late any hows so another few hours aint gonna make a difference is it.

The old lady will still moan at ya with the same tone and verbal, so hay ferk it. have a lay in.

Message 35/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

knowa

Link?:  Link

I used to live with a neuroscience Ph.D. and she swore by WHOLE Milk before bed. it's the fat that helps though I dunno why/chemistry. hence, the craving for big macs too. and of course water helps.

spins, yuck. I forget that rule about once a year.

Message 36/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Steve Roughley

"and the brain does crash around in the head! true"

The pain from moving your head comes when your dehydrated and thus shrinking brain begins to pull on the tissue that is holding it in place. EeeWwwww!

Regards.

Steve.

Message 37/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

Trillium

OK, everyone here says water. Water before passing out?? So......since we're all talking about case scenarios for each of us, here's mine. If I drink vodka, and only vodka, I'll get drunk and not vomit. If I don't vomit, I won't have a hangover. BUT, if I drink water after drinking vodka, I'll vomit, which then leads to a most horrendous hangover. I wonder why? But, here's somthing i do know. Pot before alcohol, fine. Pot after drinking, bad, very very bad. BUT.......I do agree with the greasy breakfast food on the next day....very very key. Does anyone else have this anti-water-drunk-tolerance thing?? It sucks, because I don't really drink anymore......

Message 38/49                 Date: 10-Apr-03  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: Hangovers

errata

it's the vodka...

Someone up there already touched on it. Vodka crystallizes in the stomache and water basicaly re-hydrates the vodka and allows the body to take in more alchohol. Thus, Water + Vodka = way more than you meant to drink!

Must be drinking good vodka to never get a hangover. more power to you!

e

Message 39/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

BlooVooDoo

Link?: Link

only been sick a couple of times in me drinking career, both with vodka, so so i dont really touch the stuff these days(or really alcohol tbh) but ill tell ya something, remember that vodka/redbull craze a few years back, fuck me, reching that stuff up at 8am is enough to put anybody off caffiene drinks for life! holdin on for dear life thinking 'did i eat a fuckin sweet shop last night?' as what tastes like a thousand liquified jolly ranchers streams out yer nose...... actually just read this back, yuk.

give me an ice cold pint glass of stella lager anyday.

spinback

Message 40/49                 Date: 11-Apr-03  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Hangovers

Trillium

I so agree with you on the whole red bull/vodka thing. Not only does it feel/taste exactly what you described, but it also, erm, how shall i put this..........makes you do thingss you wouldn't ordinarily?? Not that alcohol in general doesn't cause this, but there seems to be something a little suspicious about that combination.

Trills

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum