0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: DJ´s get all defensive about this

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 18-Aug-02  @  10:58 AM   -   DJ´s get all defensive about this

TIC

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

well i have made electronic music for about 4 years (little more actually) and been into the music for about 6 years. And now i have decided that i have to learn how to dj so that i can offer both a live show and a dj set (prolly gets more gigs) but since i can´t really afford two decks and a real mixer i decided to use what i the stuff i already have ie my laptop. So i got myself a copy of Traktor (liked that software best) and started to learn how to mix. after about six months i could put together a pretty decent set (not just my opinion a guy i know who has been dj @ docklands also thougth so) well anyway i have gotten a lot of shit from diffrent dj´s who almost refuse talking to me about dj stuff just because i use a laptop. Some say it is to easy to learn how to dj on them (automatic beat matching automatic bpm calculation automatic syncing of bass drums on tracks) So i lied about my mixtape to a some people (said i had made it with two decks when it actually was just vinyls that i had recorded and then encoded to mp3) and then a got a much much warmer welcome until i told them that it was a mp3 set with Traktor ofcourse then they all claimed to have heard somthing wrong with it. Can some one plz explain why dj´s act this way?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/62                 Date: 23-Aug-02  @  10:39 AM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

influx

Link?: Link

give it time. I mean...I dunno...whatever youre doin, do it well, and do your best to excel...right?

dont be a chump follower and you've at least taken a step in the right direction

hey mindspawn..Im gonna call what you do NOSEPICKIN, ok?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/62                 Date: 23-Aug-02  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

TiC

well i think i will go with what u say influx perhaps even try to promote my own party and mix music there i have friends that are "real djs" and friends that make electronic music so i guess we will try and put something together in the future

Message 33/62                 Date: 23-Aug-02  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

Mindspawn

You can definitely call what I do "NOSEPICKIN." It's been said I'm something of a prodigy in that area... maybe even a bona-fide virtuoso...=)

Message 34/62                 Date: 23-Aug-02  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

selma

"techno" as in "technology" or as in "technophobic"?

don't techno for an answer/ants in your pants or you're that good a dancer?

hootin'n'hollerin'

Message 35/62                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

k

Link?:  Link

ahem.. i'll just add for anyone reading who doesnt know, if you signup choosing 'deejay' user type from the selector, then you can add some streaming dj sets in lo-fi bandwidth.. you can add quite a long mix 40 minutes say depnding on bandwidth, ok sorry to butt in but y'know, mebbe some people lurking might not know about it... good thread btw

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 36/62                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

d

some of those might be done with traktor and not 'decks' so you should call 'em nosepickin sets or mixdawg sets but not dj* sets.

*pronounced dee-hay

Message 37/62                 Date: 24-Aug-02  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

bedwyr

any mixes i've done for dt have been done in cheatin' wavelab.

technofear it is, no doubt. funny, for a music that likes to think of itself as futuristic, 909 808 303 say no more.

Message 38/62                 Date: 25-Aug-02  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

influx

anyone ever hear Bile's "technowhore"?

damn. heavy.

and Im listening to this maarten traack aand it sounds really mean

but a bit overcompressed

Message 39/62                 Date: 25-Aug-02  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

xoxos

^ like that?

something smart? disk jockey. with a 'k' instead of a 'c,' as in 'hard disk.'

no offense dis but that's the beauty of language.. it adapts.

as for me, the first person that says "i'm a mixdog" in my proximity is going to receive a concussion.

Message 40/62                 Date: 26-Aug-02  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: DJ´s get all defensive about this

influx

nope thats not it

a band called Bile did an album called Technowhore..or maybe teknowhore? cant remember

there was some MEAN shit on there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 62 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum