0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Influx needs some help

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  10:56 AM   -   Influx needs some help

who else

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

OK here's the deal.

almost 2 years ago I worked on a track with this guy. Without breaking it down to numbers the work was mostly me. My studio, my engineering, MY time for the most part (I think he spent 2 maybe 3 days at my pad?)

so...every time he left, I would go back in and tighten shit up...cuz this guy wanted to put every single idea he ever had into ONE track...

eventually I said LOOK this is DONE for now, but I dont want it public.

he wanted otherwise but I said NO. Its not ready, my style isnt ready, the mix aint right blah blah blah

well, it turns out he went and got it released. Financed on his own (someone else apparently paid for it) and it has sold close to 500 copies(? not sure on the exact number)

I just got an email from a friend who pointed out that Release in Canada has it...which means it has gotten around, you know?

thing is..the guy changed the title, and my name is NOT on it AT ALL

he ing calls me "nflux" in the promo he sent out, says I've worked with Uberzone, etc...which is just wack.

I dont know what to do. Im not worried about money but the thought of someone slighting me in this way just makes me want to revert back to the old days where my fists were my means of communication

WHAT DO I DO? please help me before I just kick this dudes ass!!! I cant tell if he's truly a swindler or just not aware of what he is doing!!!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/45                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Breakerbox

Link?: Link

I cant find the track on Releaserecords.com
I want to hear it...  

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/45                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

influx

I found it.

just search for "rolling blackout"...oh...just tried again and no dice...

Message 33/45                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Breakerbox

I think they are sold out dude... Is out here in seattle in the record store by any chance... even if it was... would you know about it.. probably not.. So I am stupid... So what?

Message 34/45                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

influx

I have NO idea where its at, what it says, what it looks like, or even truly how it sounds!

Message 35/45                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Mindspawn

Ya know, I gotta say, maybe I'm gettin' old (well actually, of course I'm gettin' old...), but I have been having a really good time just working in the studio the last few months, no live gigs at all since February... It's an opportunity to do things I could never do live... I may even end up dropping the whole gig thing and just be a studio ho...

Just thinkin' out loud...

Message 36/45                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

errata

Link?:  No link

Don't do it MindSpawn!!! You'll get lazy and fat and end up eating lotsa pizza and sampling late night theatre and writing John Tesh tunes and playing them for your girlfriend while she sleeps at 3 in the morning. i've seen it, it's ugly!!!

We need more FLEM's...

e

Message 37/45                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Breakerbox

yep... thats sounds like me.

Message 38/45                 Date: 27-Jun-02  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Breakerbox

...except the john tesh part.

Message 39/45                 Date: 27-Jun-02  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

sitar

Link?:  Link

"breakbeats, not legs" is your motto.

Message 40/45                 Date: 28-Jun-02  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

formant

Link?:  Link

welcome to the world of dance music where everyone tries to feed their egos and wallets at others expense.

influx the underground is just as corrupt as the commercial crap.

you can see how hard it is to break 'into the scene' when you have great tracks. the reason for this is everyone clammoring over each other to try and enrich themselves, regardless the cost.

you should give all the samples out to the world wide web, dancetechers, etc

then it will look like he made his track off free samples on the web :-)

then you just deny all knowledge of it ha ha

jamey

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum