0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland - emulate or innovate?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 03-May-02  @  11:49 PM   -   Roland - emulate or innovate?

panama

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ever since the Super Saw was created with the JP-800 - dance music has changed... Ever since the Grooveboxes were created... It's now a household name.

is Roland still the innovater?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/73                 Date: 15-May-02  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

damballah

Link?: Link

anyway, it seems a lot of their "innovating" happened not through some grand Roland scheme but because of what some people did with their funny little toy-like boxes. what we now think of as legendary, was viewed then as sort of silly stuff you could abuse in interesting but unintended ways. no what u bich.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/73                 Date: 15-May-02  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

realtrance

Ooh! Where?! Do they use Svetlana tubes for the oscs?

I know it's nice to make generalizations, but I don't think it's any better to say that "the Japanese are just great imitators and have no creativity" than to say that "the Jews are all money grubbers" or that "the Irish are all drunkards." "Rednecks in the South marry their sisters." etc.

I consider all of those above generalizations offensive, that's the long and short of it. And I don't appreciate people slingin' _any_ of 'em around, or a host like 'em. That's, er.... racist, basically. Sorry. But it is. Or the equivalent (anti-Semitic, prejudiced against the Irish, rednecks, etc.).

rt

Message 33/73                 Date: 15-May-02  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

influx

actually, no. that is NOT racism. Prejudice, yes, stereotyping, yes but not racism.

'sides...man..are you really one of those oversensitive PC types that cringes at the mere mention of race? Bretts post was clearly not from that angle, and you just flipped out about it with the blah blah blah racist shit

sure...the belief that one group is superior is a little ridiculous, and harmful actions based on that belief are unacceptable, but saying a certain group tends to behave in a certain manner, well...perfectly valid!

stereotypes DO have a foundation, you know.

Message 34/73                 Date: 15-May-02  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

knowa

Link?:  Link

I dunno rt, there's a difference between saying some group has no creativity and is just a bunch of imitators and saying that they tend to focus on refining existing products rather than developing new ones...it just didn't seem mean-spirited is what I'm saying.

pony slaystation.

Message 35/73                 Date: 15-May-02  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

k

well, it is a typical thing for westerners to describe/dismiss the japanese with that old 'they steal ideas and dont create' thing - which is rich coming from a culture (europe) entirely founded on the development of mathmatics, psychology, astronomy & all the sciences taken directly from the east. - it works both ways.... they are hard fuckers the Nip's... AND it's the second biggest music market after USA i beleive too... bigger than all of europe sales.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 36/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

sitar

Reminds me of the son of a redneck that tells his dad he wants to date a girl from school but he's a bit nervous cuz she's a virgin. The father says to his son, "Son, if'n she aint good nuff for her famly she aint good nuff fer arz."

I'll grab my hat.

Message 37/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

steve

File?:  [image]

[image file]

what?

Message 38/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

k

Engrish.. heh heh... Bluce Wirris-a desu !

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 39/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

influx

hehe. Kilo..you just called em Nips! now RT is REALLY gonna get you, and god forbid RHYZE reads it!!!!

oh dude...steve...engrish! Off to have a raff!

Message 40/73                 Date: 16-May-02  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: Roland - emulate or innovate?

knowa

I've gotta CD with "Fry me to the Moon" on it ;)

I always thought this was adorable...I ended up marrying one of my engrish students.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 73 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum