0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Original Message                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  03:15 AM   -   DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

Zink

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

www.ddx3216.com

This mixer seems really cool for the price - I was looking at an 01v, but now... Hmmm...

Anybody had a play with this thing?? Whadaya think??

Michael

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  10:58 AM     Edit: 24-Apr-02  |  11:07 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

milan

Link?: Link

u kidding, right? how many input channels does it have? and how many EQs per channel? and how many compressors? how many outputs? motorised faders? man, when i was buying a mixer i took a ProMix (the old one, not 01v) over VM3100. and that was after a thorough check out.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

VOTIVE

^ Provided link so one may get the full details

oh yeah, PLUS, no percieved latency in Sonar with softies - the included PCI card IS made by M Audio(!) so it's solid.

Finally, don't by this mixer stand alone, get the "kit" (the boxed version with card, cable etc).

Message 33/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

VOTIVE

Sorry guys! - Also, ensure you get the 3100PRO, not the standard.

Message 34/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

99devils

How do you figure it kills the 01V, when you only get 2 compressors and 1 less band of EQ per channel?

IMHO, the biggest single advantage to the 01V is that you get the compressors and EQs on 16 channels.

-Craig

Message 35/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

Brett

right on Craig!

yes Randy at 8th street, is the shit. He will cut you all kinds of deals cause he worried about a commission like ther sales guys..

Message 36/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

k

two things -

1. it really looks like the Ramsa/Panasonic mixer doesnt it!?

2. this myth about behringer?... well ALL the Uk-bound mackies were recalled due to faults recently! but they have a prestine reputation... the old Eurodesk had a power supply issue but it seems s shame to tar Begringer with this mythological 'unreliable' tag - I dont think they are really less reliable than anything esle are they really??

Message 37/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

99devils

I second that K. Like I said, I have two of those 10-channel Behringers that you can run off of batteries. They've both been reliable, feel pretty well built, and sound pretty damn good - all for under $150 US.

No complaints here.

-Craig

Message 38/66                 Date: 24-Apr-02  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

k

and i will say to balance it out that my mate who's head buyer for a LARGE audio gear company told me of having to return 80+% of a batch of A&H desks some time back - everyone can have production glitches but Behringer were doubl;y unluck getting sued and having a first bacth unreliable... I think mackie supporters played on this crap 'made in USA' (should be 'constructed in the USA' like Harleys), and attacked Behringer by using the faulty batch as a generalisation saying or suggesting it was cos they were made in China and ergo Behringer as a whole were 'unreliable' but that doesnt explain the slew of reliable kit released before going into making a mixer -

I think they make GREAT cheap gear, that's all... and if you can get a Euromix for 500 quid, thats ALOT of mixer for the cash!

Message 39/66                 Date: 08-May-02  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

Zink

I'll be buying that DDX in a couple of days, I think - Almost made my mind up...

Hey Influx, your mates, mates granny's uncle - Does he still like his DDX?? No probs so far??

Mooky.

Message 40/66                 Date: 08-May-02  @  01:59 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

influx

Link?:  Link

havent talked to him in a while...dunno for sure

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum